Slow moving/vehicle signs !!!

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Does anyone use the orange triangles? They almost match a Kubota. :D :D :D

Since I am out on public roadways at times the orange triangles are required for slow moving vehicles. I don't want hit by a dumb motorist so the orange sign is on. :D Well that and I don't need a ticket on my CDL liscense. :(

I drilled and tapped two holes in the back of my seat frame. Then mounted this bracket for the triangle. The stem on the back of the triangle just drops into the bracket so I can easily remove it when needed.

After all the painting I also cut some small triangles out of DOT tape for the previous reflector location at the back of the fenders. I saw these tiny triangles on a China compact tractor and thought that idea was perfect for my Japaneese compact. :D :D

Attachments

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
YEP without a doubt thats the smartest thing you could have done on your part to C.Y.A. It atleast helps protect you incase you get nailed in the rear while driving on the road. I'd go one step further and see if you can put some kinda hazzard flasher lights on the fenders. Never hurts and the more warning you give the less shit you get into in the long run.

Oh and I hear ya on the CDL part. I have a Class A myself and we cant afford to screw up on anything.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I'd go one step further and see if you can put some kinda hazzard flasher lights on the fenders.

I have thought about something along that line. Those flashing red LED's for bicycles might work nicely. :)

If I am doing a hay ride I also use a flasher module for my trailer lights that does wig-wag and other light patterns with the tail lights along with the orange triangle on the trailer.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Check out Aw Direct. They have the bigest selection of lights I've seen anywhere. From the average to the flashy LED. Plus if need be you can get switch panels and water proof connectors and wire it all in. The company is geared more towrds the towing and wrecker service but hey a light is a light.

http://www.awdirect.com/truck-lighting/