slow leaking front tires

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
hi everone, I need some advice. my kubota l235 dt has leaking tires on the front. takes about 1 to 2 days to go flat. i noticed when im airing htem back up that there is anti freeze coming threw the cracks on the side wall. it isnt cracked that bad and still have most of the tread, so my question is what is my best fix and remember my wallet is starving to death.
thanks for all help / sherman

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
First, i dont understand the reason for ballast in front tires,
But to each his own. I had tubes put in the HST4610
At work. First tire shop said if tire goes low it will wreck tube.
So second tire shop said no problemo.been a year and needed
A little air after the harsh winter.corrosion got to the rims on my
L1501 so i cleaned em up and installed tubes.

Sucks parkin tractor 200 feet away from air source.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
hi everone, I need some advice. my kubota l235 dt has leaking tires on the front. takes about 1 to 2 days to go flat. i noticed when im airing htem back up that there is anti freeze coming threw the cracks on the side wall. it isnt cracked that bad and still have most of the tread, so my question is what is my best fix and remember my wallet is starving to death.
I have been using this stuff for years now,
http://www.slime.com/
- This does not hurt the rim nor the tire and damn near stops bullets! :eek: Now this might now fix a sidewall, tubes are the only answer for that, but the slime is the sheeat for all other punctures. I too would NOT ballast the front end...........

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
In my Kubota manual it says, "Do not put ballast in the front tires!" or words to that effect. I really don't know why. Might have something to do with changing or eliminating the air cushion.
Anyway, like the others said, put tubes in the tires.

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
hi again, the antifreeze was allready in it when i bought it

South

Equipment
L245DT
Feb 22, 2011
ohio
Had sidewall issue on my l245DT, put tubes in mine...tubes were $10/each and 20 minutes to put them in.