Silt and sand

Bxmike

Equipment
Bx2670
Feb 11, 2017
ny
A few weeks ago we had some serious flash flooding. We were fortunate water didn't make the house . Moved the tractor and vehicles to high ground . About 40 hours on the tractor I have all the rock and most of the major trees removed. I'm now left with silt and sand that i have been scraping up with fel as it dries. Going to go after it with a rock rake and try to get the last of the rocks and fine gravel. I am still left with some thick deposits of sand in low pockets . Any ideas to get rid of this . I am not looking forward to hand shoveling . Fel won't work as it's in a low channel to narrow for loader and I don't have a backhoe. Wishing I bought a backhoe and ordered the brush forks.
My bx 2670 never ceases to impress me . Put on a show with all my neighbors slowing down and gawking all day . Made quite a few trips out to the road delivering creek stone to waiting pickup trucks. Most using it for borders around gardens and such. Built the washed out banks back up with the majority.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Mike I dont know where you are in NY,, but you do know there is gold in some of those deposits! Just a though maybe try panning out the silt,, although a law in NY states that any gold found is the property of the state New York State, a law dating back to the birth of the United States in 1776 dictates that any gold found in the state will remain the property of the State of New York. The effect of this law that is still on the books

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Bummer, but luckily you still have your home and tractor intact. But still sucks having to clean everything back up.

Skeets.....ya, like I'd be handing over anything I found! LOL.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Hey BXMike try posting some pics so the readers can see what you are dealing with may prompt an idea it someones brain.

Living in NC 100 miles inland from coast we get our fair share of Hurricanes that leave destruction, one time 13 days without power and the only way into town 2.4 miles for days was by atv. Had to go trough yards, ditches, woods because trees were laying everywhere.

Good luck on your clean-up.

Jay

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
New York can suck it. If'n I find gold on dirt I paid for then said gold is going to my favorite charity: me.

Bxmike

Equipment
Bx2670
Feb 11, 2017
ny
Well the rock rake worked wonders. Worked over the area at an angle moving a good share of the sand out far enough to scrape up with fel . Still left some sand . Removed a suprising pile of rocks and leveled a lot of smaller pockets .

When I was done I took the rake up to brother inlaw
To help spread crush and run . Leveled nice and made a beautiful crown .

Now onto more tree removal.