Shaft series?

frysl

Equipment
L3301 LA525 FEL & FDR1672 6' Finish Mower
Jun 13, 2016
Sumner County, TN
Would someone please explain to me what different series driveline shafts are?
I need to replace the outer shaft of the driveline that came with my FDR1672, I’m looking on agri supply but have no idea what series the shaft is that I need.
Thanks
Steve

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Would someone please explain to me what different series driveline shafts are?
I need to replace the outer shaft of the driveline that came with my FDR1672, I’m looking on agri supply but have no idea what series the shaft is that I need.
Thanks
Steve
I am guessing you have a Landpride mower.

Landpride usually use Walterscheid pto shafts

https://www.walterscheid-coupler.de/driveshafts/

The series has to do with the power the shaft can transmit.

A 100 PTO HP tractor needs a much higher series pto shaft than a 15 pto hp one.

Usually you need the brand specific shield.

Dave

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I buy my replacement pto shafts from ASC all the time. They have a handy chart that goes by horsepower and implement use. Just installed one on my rotary rake the other day.

Much more economical that the Landpride OEM ones.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
When I have to replace a PTO driveline, rather than agonize over series, I look at how much horsepower the implement requires and buy the driveline based on that (required power to operate).

I've replaced a couple drivelines with ASC drivelines in the past few years with no issues. One thing to keep in mind is some implements require a constant velocity driveline and they are expensive no matter who makes them. That double U joint assembly with the built in damper is always a big ticket item.

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
If all you need is the outer shaft, find a driveline specialty shop and take it to them. If you have the old one, they can install new shafting to your yokes. If not, they can make up a whole new one. They should be able to match just about any shaft, and you can get an upfront price to compare to other sources. I've bought shafting and changed it myself, and also gotten new guards. Depends what you need and how much work you are willing to invest.