Series Designations

Machold

Equipment
B3030, KB snowblower, LP grader, WS chipper, SF splitter, B7400
Sep 1, 2011
Wellandport, ON
www.machold.ca
Kubota's designations confuse me: there's Economy Model, Special Utility, Standard and Professional models. What do all of these terms mean, let's say as applied to the L series of tractors, for example?

Are the differences significant? I know there are price differences, but what about build differences? Is the difference just a question of options?

rlyddane

Equipment
BX1830, MMM, BH, Loader, Tiller, Box blade
Aug 31, 2011
Mead, OK
Eric, I am even more green. What does the first letter designate. I know about the BX series, but even the older BX, such as BX24 or BX23? And of course, the B by itself, or L and M. I am new to the tractor world. But, I am planning on jumping in with both feet.

I am looking at the BX1860, BX2360, etc. But I have looked at the B7100 and B7200 series as well. I am trying to get a handle on those first letters. Also, what is the 60 in the BX1860 and BX2360 mean.

Thanks for your help..............Rich

Machold

Equipment
B3030, KB snowblower, LP grader, WS chipper, SF splitter, B7400
Sep 1, 2011
Wellandport, ON
www.machold.ca
Thanks for the input, but I have already read these various pages. Models are not the problem, it's the category description, such as, Economy Model (something new?), Standard (B2900), Professional (B3030), and lately, SU, or Special Utility.

These monikers are categorizing tractors, but how? Economy Model is cheaper? Is it the Standard type? Finally, how do the types differ? Besides options, are there build differences? Is one type heavier/stronger than the other? I don't mean size, as between B series and L series; I mean B standard vs B professional, same for L.

As far as I have been able to find out, if the series number ends with 2 zeroes, it's Standard; and if the last 2 digits make a number, 3030, it's Professional. But what is the difference between the 2 types?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I would say the difference in general between them is options and comfort. The difference in the build (in general) will show up when you compair like a B series to a L series.

Ex. Even though you can get a 30hp tractor in a B and a L series the L is a heavier tractor. Same with compairing a 57hp L series to a 50hp M series. The M is a heavier machine. I hope this makes sense.