Securing ROPs when Installing canopy

russell.still.5

Aug 28, 2017
Lafayette, Alabama
Looking for help securing the ROPs on a L3800 and a M4700 when installing a canopy. The canopy has been on the L3800 for a while and the fasteners keep vibrating loose which allows the canopy to flop. Even when everything is as tight as we can get then it, it still isn't tight enough in my opinion. I tell my dad to keep everything thing tight, but that's a losing battle. It has even broken the ROPs pivot point on the L3800 from all the flopping.

Never had an issue with my larger Ms coming loose. I can't see where there is a whole lot of difference in the designs of any of them.

Here is my idea and I am looking for any suggestion or solutions that have worked for you. My idea is to remove the OEM pins/bolts and replace them all with grade 8 bolts tightened down as tight as we can get then with the impact. Hopefully by doing this it will squeeze everything together enough to keep everything from flopping. We have even discussed welding them rigid but I know that may effect the integrity of the ROPs.

Any suggestion are ideas are welcome.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk