Seat sensor driving me nuts

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
New MX5800. Half the time when I stand up from the seat to exit the tractor while running and brake on, the engine wants to shut off because it thinks the accelerator is being pressed. I have to quickly sit back down and jiggle the HST pedal and try it again and it'll usually let me "pass".

Is there an adjustment or something else I can do to get rid of this annoying problem?

Smokeless

Equipment
3901/Loader/Rear Blade/Box Blade/LP Mower/Pallet forks IH M,,Cub & sickle mower
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
When i bought my 3901 i had seat and hst pedal switch challenges, but the more i used it things improved. Service mgr believed it was hst switch pedal issue, at any rate all ok and i ensure pedal in nuetral. Now at 50hrs all ok and he never needed to look at it.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
New MX5800. Half the time when I stand up from the seat to exit the tractor while running and brake on, the engine wants to shut off because it thinks the accelerator is being pressed. I have to quickly sit back down and jiggle the HST pedal and try it again and it'll usually let me "pass".

Is there an adjustment or something else I can do to get rid of this annoying problem?
It's a very common concern, you need to adjust your HST pedal safety switch in a turn or so.

All the spray lube in your County will not fix it.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Adjust the HST switch.

BTW, it's not quite as "easy" on the MX series as it is on the standard L series, so you've been warned.

Might be better asking if the dealer will do it for you under warranty....and yes...they can do it under warranty, but they have to get a little creative in the wording to submit the claim to Kubota in order to get paid. Job pays the tech decently.