scrape blade for B2920

old freddie

Equipment
B2920 with FEL, first choice GM30-60 finish mower, Kodiak 4'SD rotary cutter. Pi
Jul 6, 2016
Pisgah Forest, NC
I want a scrape blade that angles, tilts, and slides. There seems to be plenty out there but what fits my tractor. I think my 3 pt is about 17" level. Some blades I see are 22" high sitting on the ground level. Who are the best brands that are made for the compact tractor? I want to be able to get it off the ground far enough to move around. I am not sure how high I can lift. I do have an FEL.

old freddie

Equipment
B2920 with FEL, first choice GM30-60 finish mower, Kodiak 4'SD rotary cutter. Pi
Jul 6, 2016
Pisgah Forest, NC
I am looking at a 5' Tennessee River sliding blade. Anyone have any experience with it? Price is $395.00

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
Hey Freddie,
Not an expert here, but I have a b2620 and a 5' countyline blade I use a lot, it does a good job and I think a 5' fits our size tractor pretty good. I've got a local dealer here that stocks the Tennessee river implements I've seen, they look pretty good, not the heaviest duty but should be good fit with B series. Depending on what you plan to use your blade for, heavier implements can be better for heavy grading but for scraping and leveling it should do fine

Good luck

old freddie

Equipment
Jul 6, 2016
Pisgah Forest, NC
thanks for the input. TR list a light duty that only angles but I am looking at the on that does it all. It looks very heavy duty. I am not sure how much a blade should be leaning forward since I will have to drop the front from 25" to 17" to have enough room to lift it off the ground. Maybe this is dumb thinking and I need to find someone close to me that I can observe. The dealer was no help in recommending only the red light duty and said i should have gotten a bigger tractor.

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
If I remember right, the lift arm lift my blade up a few inches off the ground but by shortening the top link that will raise the blade up quite a bit. It's easy for me with a hydraulic top link but it would be a pain with a manual top link.

TRI seems to show heavy duty blades available but if your dealer is like mine he stocks just what he can sell. The more HD implements would be land pride or everything attachments, they have great stuff but it's always out of my budget

old freddie

Equipment
Jul 6, 2016
Pisgah Forest, NC
up in the mountains here my dealer is a little hard to get to but he has some of each. The two I am looking at is yellow $350 and orange $395. Thanks for the pointer on lifting. I think I will go after one of them. People around here want more than that for a used one. The ones you mentioned are upwards of $700.

old freddie

Equipment
Jul 6, 2016
Pisgah Forest, NC
Re: scrape blade for B2920/ change in plans

after reading a lot of posts and videos I have decided to look for a box blade. Any recommendations on brand? and features to look for?

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
Look for lower pins supported on both ends, a strong mount for the top link, easy to adjust scarifiers, and heavy weight per foot of width.

Compare the mounts on the blades below.

Bruce

Attachments

old freddie

Equipment
Jul 6, 2016
Pisgah Forest, NC
thanks, that eliminates a lot of them. I saw one today, Richey Equip (REI) heavy duty. and the Land Pride. I expect I have to pay over $550. for a new one. Have not seen any used ones with the feature you mentioned.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Good call on the BB, I used mine to fix up a gravel drive this weekend and it worked so much better than the blade. I have a BX25D and the LandPride 1254 is perfect you could look at the 15 series with the extra hp & weight.