Salvage Kubotas

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
Just saw this ad on Atlanta Craigslist. They are located in Jesup, Georgia.

Large quantity of salvage kubota tractors, all have Hydro-stat transmissions and 3 cylinder diesel engine, your choice 300.00 Each

912-269-9349
912-427-7062

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yeah kinda sounds like another Craigslist scam.

West Kentucky Tractor who are in the business of selling salvage tractors and parts hardly sells ones that cheap. www.wkytp.com

Ach

Equipment
Kubota B6000 DT with B219 Loader
Mar 1, 2011
Big Island, Hawaii, USA
Actually this looks legit to me. All scam posters I've seen don't include telephone numbers. Also, they are usually lo balling excellent machines with absolutely no hours.

If I was in Hot Lanta my ears would be perking.

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
Don't believe it is a scam after seeing the pictures and like Ach said most scams don't include phone numbers. In the photos you can see that there doesn't appear to be wheels or tires on the machines. The location is way down in South Georgia near Brunswick. Things are a bit different down there. Very rural. That's not a bad thing. I probably should have posted it under Buy Sell and Trade but wasn't thinking. My bad.

jcato

Equipment
B7500HSD, RFM-60, 4' box, Covington 1row planter/cult
May 5, 2010
Nicholls, GA
Don't believe it is a scam after seeing the pictures and like Ach said most scams don't include phone numbers. In the photos you can see that there doesn't appear to be wheels or tires on the machines. The location is way down in South Georgia near Brunswick. Things are a bit different down there. Very rural. That's not a bad thing. I probably should have posted it under Buy Sell and Trade but wasn't thinking. My bad.
"... a bit different?" <g> I'm about a hour WSW of of Jesup (around Douglas) and almost thought about riding up there and checking things out.

Yeah, for this Atlanta native, you may be right... "a bit different" (what with all the education scandals around here). But, then, if I were still in Atlanta, I could say the same, no? <g> Just shoot straight and expect the same in return - which would be good advice anywhere. These people can be a little xenophobic, but I found that at Auburn as well. Honesty and forthrightness will always win the day.

Note, also, that there is a large paper mill in Jesup - and the local Kubota dealer has placed some tractors up that way, I believe. That could be where these are coming from.

-- john (War Eagle Architect).

Last edited: