safety switch problem

kosalong

Equipment
bx 2300
Oct 5, 2014
oakbank
Hello
Have a BX 2300. Had a stick jam near the drive line. DShut travtor off now it will not start. Cleaned the power take off level under the tractor and disconnected the safety switch under the seat. Will still not start? Any hep appreciated.
Thanks

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
I really don't understand some of you question. If you disconnected the seat switch, did you put a jumper wire in the connector to replace the switch? If not, it won't turn over. If you jump the wire and it starts, be sure to investigate the seat switch. Operating the tractor with it disabled is a bad idea.

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
Hello
Have a BX 2300. Had a stick jam near the drive line. DShut travtor off now it will not start. Cleaned the power take off level under the tractor and disconnected the safety switch under the seat. Will still not start? Any hep appreciated.
Thanks
I agree with the previous quote that you need a jumper on the seat switch, but you might want to take the left rear tire off and make sure the safety switch on the P.T.O. lever is adjusted correctly I had that one come loose on mine.

kosalong

Equipment
bx 2300
Oct 5, 2014
oakbank
It turned out to be the PTO connection behind the left tire.
Thanks very much.
Is there more than one safety switch location. For example does the mower connection have a switch which would also not let the tractor start or is it only the PTO?
Thanks Again

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
It turned out to be the PTO connection behind the left tire.
Thanks very much.
Is there more than one safety switch location. For example does the mower connection have a switch which would also not let the tractor start or is it only the PTO?
Thanks Again
I think there are only 3, pto, seat, neutral lever.

nedobs

Equipment
bx1860
Oct 4, 2014
wharton,ohio
My PTO switch Has been a problem several times I don't know why it moves but All i do is pull it back by hand while starting !!!