Safety switch kubota mx6000

Jms63

Equipment
Mx6000
Oct 17, 2021
Alabama
Had a little issue with the mx6000 cut the tractor off and got off of it to spray it off got back on and it wouldn’t turn over all the lights came on but a safety switch or something had it shut off…, after about 7-8 key turns it finally turned over ….. pulled up on the trailer today and got up off the seat to see how much weight I had on my truck, and tractor just shutdown and I immediately sit back down to try get it to crank and after about 10 key turns it cranks…, my ? Is do any of you think it’s my pto switch going bad or the seat weight switch… I didn’t get the buzzer before it shut off either… I’m prolly going to bypass the seat switch in the morning

Jms63

Equipment
Mx6000
Oct 17, 2021
Alabama
Had a little issue with the mx6000 cut the tractor off and got off of it to spray it off got back on and it wouldn’t turn over all the lights came on but a safety switch or something had it shut off…, after about 7-8 key turns it finally turned over ….. pulled up on the trailer today and got up off the seat to see how much weight I had on my truck, and tractor just shutdown and I immediately sit back down to try get it to crank and after about 10 key turns it cranks…, my ? Is do any of you think it’s my pto switch going bad or the seat weight switch… I didn’t get the buzzer before it shut off either… I’m prolly going to bypass the seat switch in the morning
After reading this forum on safety switches I’m leaning towards my hst pedal not centered

Reactions: 1 user

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
The HST safety was my issue. It was fairly easy to fix once I found it. It did require a piece removed to get to it.

Here's my thread which includes a link to my particular model shop manual. You should be able to find your relevant manual. I included the steps I followed to get mine working.

No issues since with mine.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
What does the dash read ? If it is a safety switch it should read "return xxx to neutral" The seat switch will not stop it from starting. Could be a bad key switch, or connection, if no warning is showing on the dash.

Jms63

Equipment
Mx6000
Oct 17, 2021
Alabama
What does the dash read ? If it is a safety switch it should read "return xxx to neutral" The seat switch will not stop it from starting. Could be a bad key switch, or connection, if no warning is showing on the dash.
I’ll check that out, didn’t notice that though

Jms63

Equipment
Mx6000
Oct 17, 2021
Alabama
The HST safety was my issue. It was fairly easy to fix once I found it. It did require a piece removed to get to it.

Here's my thread which includes a link to my particular model shop manual. You should be able to find your relevant manual. I included the steps I followed to get mine working.

No issues since with mine.
Well it was my hst pedal not being in the right position