RTV's UTV's side by sides

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I've got an '08 Polaris 700 XP. I stick dowels in the side pocket holes and stack hedge wood (osage orange) 12-15" higher then the sides. I do it all the time. Might easily be 900-1000#. Had it 6 years and no trouble what so ever.

KenB2920

Equipment
L5240 brush hog,flail mower,wicked grapple,tiller,Danuser F-8 PHD,BB,RB 7' rake
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
Wow, looks like you guys are right. If a cord weighs roughly 4,000 (number selected from online and of course can vary by species and how green it is)
The. A face cord is over 1300 and half that gave cord is 650lbs.

As for bags of corn or feed. I don’t see myself moving that. Not knocking it. Just trying to adapt my future machine to my needs.

Also. The roderick online about Polaris belts breaking etc. I really like my current ATVs with ultra Matic trans that’s helps you control When rolling down hill.

I may have to demo both and try them out. With that said. I’d like to find used and be under 10k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitbull

Equipment
Kubota L4701, LP RCR1860 Cutter, LP RTA 1258 Tiller
Dec 8, 2017
Mt. Enterprise, Texas
Wow, looks like you guys are right. If a cord weighs roughly 4,000 (number selected from online and of course can vary by species and how green it is)
The. A face cord is over 1300 and half that gave cord is 650lbs.

As for bags of corn or feed. I don’t see myself moving that. Not knocking it. Just trying to adapt my future machine to my needs.

Also. The roderick online about Polaris belts breaking etc. I really like my current ATVs with ultra Matic trans that’s helps you control When rolling down hill.

I may have to demo both and try them out. With that said. I’d like to find used and be under 10k

Don't believe everything you read about those belts breaking! There are a lot of po-po haters out there that love to exaggerate numbers. Also, the new xp1000's, and some of 900's, now are available with a decent control switch.

Larry0071

Dec 30, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pa
I'm a pretty vocal supporter of the Yamaha SxS build quality. At 11 years old my Rhino 660 has been a tank.

In 2011 I hailed it from Pa to Colorado and used it in unimproved roads up in the mountains, picture attached is at the top of American Flag Mountain 12,713' elevation.

It's been my tractor for 11 years, it's hauled, dragged, pushed and pulled everything I've ever asked it to. It plows my snow, moves my wood, moves camping gear, plows mulch, plows dumped dirt/concrete over a hill, hauls a 4x8 utility trailer, pushes broken cars and trucks around... And yet not a part has broken, slipped, bent or been replaced side from a CV boot, 2 batteries, and fresh Amsoil every spring in the differentials and the engine.

It's been dead nuts reliable. The back tires are nearly bald, and I can't count high enough to tell you how many plugs are jammed into the sidewalls and the tread face. There is one sidewall hole that if I recall correctly, I have 8 sticky rope style plugs into to get it to seal. I add air to the tires weekly.... Or more.

A tank I tell you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

KenB2920

Equipment
L5240 brush hog,flail mower,wicked grapple,tiller,Danuser F-8 PHD,BB,RB 7' rake
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
That is a beautiful machine. I’m just torn between them.

I do agree the squeaky wheel gets the oil (attention) when it comes to the belts. More people are likely to complain when something goes wrong, whereas few people most. Yup, got on my machine today and it started just like it should.

Again, I have 6 Yamaha’s and find them reliable all the way.
Truthfully I could probably buy a deer dump trailer and weld a 2” hitch on the back to tow my splitter with. What fun would bar really be though. I’m assuming after getting one I’ll find 100 more reasons to use it.

It will most likely all come down to just finding a good deal. However these are my top two now I’d say.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I also have to give the Yamaha Rhino high praise. It's hauled tons of wood, gravel, dirt, rocks, has nearly 9000 miles on it, it's a blast on trails & at the dunes, & it's great garage sale/estate sale vehicle. For an '04, performance is decent. It's no RZR, but it does what I want it to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySScXZFrmy8

Attachments