Usa
So I am not sure if I will be able to make it to

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I had a massimo 500 before this, which i put around 4500 miles on it in a year. I over used it alot, and the engine leaked oil and the wet cluth broke.

My dad always tried to convince me the kubota was a better machine, and i never believed him haha. I was always turned off by the horrid suspension the older ones had, when i saw a 2018 though i was rdy to see, looked like the suspension was great.

I have had it for 2 weeks now. Started at 20 hours 200 miles. Now i am at 70 hours 1100 miles, did a change of everything at 50. I have yet to find something i didnt like on this. I was worried before driving it because people said they had no power, but i dono where they get that from.

I used it to pull a bx 2360 with loader brush hog, on a 10 foot tralier, 15 miles and most of that was up huge hills, while it was 80 out with the ac on. I had no problem at all. That is over the weight limit they give i know lol. Since the tractor is like 1900 trailer is 1000 and the brush hog was like 400.

Than i used it to pull a bull dozer trailer, with a ford 8n and a junk corn planter on there which weighted like 6000. Though i didnt go far.

The only thing i slightly disliked was the junk stock speakers they give you, and terrible radio, but that is minor indeed. A 20 dollar bluetooth to radio adapter and 40 dollar sony speakers fixed that.

Now when i look at the other side by sides lol they all look like trash compared to the kubota x. Wish i didnt waste money and time on the massimo now haha.

I had to line the bottom of mine though with bed liner, it looks like the paint they use on these is cheap, and it was already coming off when i got it.

The only thing i need now is a winch, it has a hard time in the mud some times haha, since it weights 2300. I dono why people say you cant use it for off roading though. I have not encountered to much it cant handle, and nothing if it had a winch. I sunk it on the first day in a wet soggy drain off from my hill, but first i wouldnt of got stuck if i had the experience i have now with it, and if i had a winch i never would of got stuck.

Maybe people are scared of braking the cab. I put bed liner on the doors so the trees couldnt get the paint off, and as long as you don't floor it going though trees haha it's great for wheeling. I managed to make it up my almost vertical rock mountian path to my stone quarry easy.

I almost went with a commander, i am so glad i didnt. The speed people talk about doing in those i dont even do when i had the massimo. I got use to the 10 to 30 mph it can do, and it is plenty fast. With the weight you can crawl through most things. I have been able to floor it going up hills i dont seem to have the problem i saw people have where the engine bogs out.

Just a great machine, and light years above a johm deere gator. I know a guy that works there and they have gators come back all the time for broken cluthes, and bad cabs. From what they told me the massimo is better than a gator and that is chinese garbage haha.

So there really is only one choice for a working side by side. I love how they keep fixing all the problems like the suspension. Though i heard some complain about how the a frames move. Which they do, and clunk. Mine move prolly like a half inch either way on all tires, but i keep them greased and havent had a problem yet. They dont seem to be wearing minus the paint, which i pit bed liner on the entire bottom so that stopped being a problem. I have went 30, and have prolly drove more in 2 weeks than most in a year lol, i dont see the movement of the a frame as a concern.
I bought a new RTV-X1100C about 13 months ago. IIRC, it had 3 or 4 hours on the clock when delivered. It now has 7+.

Not saying that there is anything wrong with it. I just can't find anything to use it for.

I have an extraordinary 52 8N with carryall that never comes off. It functions as my quad and is the first thing out of the barn while the RTV collects dust.

I bought a snow plow with it. We had no plowable snow last season. Maybe this season....

Did I mention that the Sherman equipped 8N will out run the RTV just about anywhere?

SDT

Makasoul

Equipment
Rtv x 1100c, bx 23s
Sep 15, 2018
Usa
I bought a new RTV-X1100C about 13 months ago. IIRC, it had 3 or 4 hours on the clock when delivered. It now has 7+.

Not saying that there is anything wrong with it. I just can't find anything to use it for.

I have an extraordinary 52 8N with carryall that never comes off. It functions as my quad and is the first thing out of the barn while the RTV collects dust.

I bought a snow plow with it. We had no plowable snow last season. Maybe this season....

Did I mention that the Sherman equipped 8N will out run the RTV just about anywhere?

SDT
Really? You mean a ford 8n? I just took one of those in for junk. What do u mean out run? Like go faster? I couldnt use a tractor where i go the rtv is almost to wide for most places i go off road. I suppose if you have heat, ac, and a radio it could be alright.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Really? You mean a ford 8n? I just took one of those in for junk. What do u mean out run? Like go faster? I couldnt use a tractor where i go the rtv is almost to wide for most places i go off road. I suppose if you have heat, ac, and a radio it could be alright.
Yes.

My 52 has just over 1,100 original hours and is exceptional. It also has a Sherman combination auxiliary transmission (12 forward speeds, 3 reverse speeds and 3 PTO speeds.

Yes, it will go faster than the RTV just about everywhere with proper gear selection.

I can also use it beneath tree branches where I cannot take the RTV.

Again, nothing wrong with the RTV except that it just about never comes out of the barn.

SDT

Cathy Liebchen

Equipment
KUBOTA L3901, MX5800, MULE PRO FX, MULE PRO FXT

SDT
We love our Can Am Defender. We have had a variety of the UTV's- Ranger, Rhino, 2 different Mules (4010 and 610). The Can Am is very smooth riding, unlike the Mule, and will climb anything, even rocky hills you could not walk up. We bought the Ranger used and could not get it to run reliably. We also have a souped up Yamaha golf cart that we use a lot on the less rough areas.

The only knock I hear on the RTV is it like a piece of industrial machinery- heavy and slow like a tractor with 4 wheels. But for the heavy duty user probably ideal. It is not really comparable to the sport utility UTV's like the Commander or Defender, Viking etc.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
We love our Can Am Defender. We have had a variety of the UTV's- Ranger, Rhino, 2 different Mules (4010 and 610). The Can Am is very smooth riding, unlike the Mule, and will climb anything, even rocky hills you could not walk up. We bought the Ranger used and could not get it to run reliably. We also have a souped up Yamaha golf cart that we use a lot on the less rough areas.

The only knock I hear on the RTV is it like a piece of industrial machinery- heavy and slow like a tractor with 4 wheels. But for the heavy duty user probably ideal. It is not really comparable to the sport utility UTV's like the Commander or Defender, Viking etc.
I agree with you completely, and I was well aware of this when I bought mine.

I expect it will be the cat's meow plowing snow when we next get some but I am yet to find other uses for it where I do not prefer something else.

SDT

Makasoul

Equipment
Rtv x 1100c, bx 23s
Sep 15, 2018
Usa

I dono i was looking at those, i would much rather have a rtv than a commander. I go through trials all the time with it. Its nice to pull trees out of the way to. The only advantage those have is they are faster. So yep i suppose if your idea of going 4 wheeling is getting drenched in mud than u wouldnt want a rtv. It is better at everything else though. The suspension on it is really good, on the newer ones. Ita better than a massimo or cub cadet. I dono about a commander, but i wouldnt give up the cab, way better engine and transmission, work lights, ac, heat, windshield wiper, and heavy duty design, for speed. I go 30 with it down through my fields and it is way more comfortable than a dodge ram 2500, massimo 500, or suski king quad.

Makasoul

Equipment
Rtv x 1100c, bx 23s
Sep 15, 2018
Usa
Yes.

My 52 has just over 1,100 original hours and is exceptional. It also has a Sherman combination auxiliary transmission (12 forward speeds, 3 reverse speeds and 3 PTO speeds.

Yes, it will go faster than the RTV just about everywhere with proper gear selection.

I can also use it beneath tree branches where I cannot take the RTV.

Again, nothing wrong with the RTV except that it just about never comes out of the barn.

SDT
Each to their own i guess. There is no way i would take any tractor through the places i go. It would get stuck, even my bx couldn't make it up the rock hill i climb and i tried with it floored. I would also never take a tractor through the fields and trails i do at 20 30 it would bounce all over the place. Ive taken that ford 8n i had wheeling once i busted the raditor, got stuck in a mud hole, and busted the distributor off in a big ditch.

As for woods i go through them all the time if u coukd get a 8n through them u could get a rtv, though mine is truck bed lined everywhere but the plastics, so u would definitely scratch the stock paint off.

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
They are more than a car. Even my friends special edition honda civic with a turbo didnt cost as much. It is way better than a car though, at least for me. There is no car that can do what the rtv can. A jeep would be close, but they are way to big, and they cost more. Have no dump bed, no locking rear end, no diesel engine, and get stuck easier, unless you put huge tires on it which ends up making it even bigger. Also for some reason these type of vehicles always are smoother going 20 -30 though a field, when i use to take a jeep, or truck it would feel to fast going 10.

Tractors though are the worst lol, I just took my bx 23 to get some trees I almost gave up. I had how they throw you all around and bounce like hell, because it is just a straight axle. I am not sure how that other guy manages to do it. He must have way smoother land. I can barely go anywhere with the bx with out locking the dif in, or 4 wheel drive, because the tires just bounce all over the place. I really wish they would freaking put a suspension on tractors it 2018 for christ sake haha, and the tractors are the same as they were in 1952.

I use mine as a car though so its worth it. It just takes longer lol, but its nice to see the things i missed in a car, people are always to much in a hurry anyways ;) Though there are back roads, to all the places i want to go, so it works out.
Suspension on a tractor? SMH. Tractors are heavy equipment, ment to carry and move heavy loads. Loads that would bottom out any suspension that would provide a soft ride when not under load.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Suspension on a tractor? SMH. Tractors are heavy equipment, ment to carry and move heavy loads. Loads that would bottom out any suspension that would provide a soft ride when not under load.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Some large, late model, deluxe series tractors do have front suspension.

SDT

rademamj

Apr 9, 2017
Waco, Texas, USA
we see RTV 1100's for sale used here a lot, usually about $9,000-$12,000. We didn't need a cab, and the 4010 Mule was fine for a workhorse type vehicle. At my age the plush suspension of a sport utility UTV is nice to have. We are retired and not doing heavy farming work
I tried to buy an RTV 1100 for past 6 months within my price range. Never could find one even on eBay. Not that the RTV are over priced or anything, but they are so well liked and they hold their value over time. I finally ended up getting a used Polaris 700 for transport on and around the ranch, and very happy with my decision. Never owned a UTV before.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
Yeah maybe a huge tractor. I am talking bx size, and my rtv can handle way more weight than my bx 23s by alot. I had the rtv pulling the bx on a trailer with a mower and front loader. Filled the rrv up with dirt and stuff weighting over 600 and pulled it 15 miles up huge hills, and through my field.

The bx if u fill the front bucket up and go to far on tilted ground u flip cause it has garbage stright axle suspension from the 1950s. The rtv with 1800 on the back could handle driving going 10 mph with lota of tilt and not flip.

If the rtv had a back pto and a front loader it wouldake a bx just worthless.
After reading all of your posts, I think you are just not a tractor type of person. Most of the complaints you bring up cover 99% of every tractor, of any brand. You may want to consider selling it and moving on to something else that will do what you want, the way you want. Apparently that isn't with a tractor.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Yeah maybe a huge tractor. I am talking bx size, and my rtv can handle way more weight than my bx 23s by alot. I had the rtv pulling the bx on a trailer with a mower and front loader. Filled the rrv up with dirt and stuff weighting over 600 and pulled it 15 miles up huge hills, and through my field.

The bx if u fill the front bucket up and go to far on tilted ground u flip cause it has garbage stright axle suspension from the 1950s. The rtv with 1800 on the back could handle driving going 10 mph with lota of tilt and not flip.

If the rtv had a back pto and a front loader it wouldake a bx just worthless.
SCUTs do not have suspension systems for the same reason that most do not have position control.

Cost.

SDT