RTV with Boss Plow

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Finally got my Boss plow installed. Didn't have to adjust the front springs to a harder position, doesn't droop much when raised.

I'm impressed with how high it lifts. Just have to remove it later to see if I am still going to be able to put my receiver hitch mounted winch back on without removing the one mounting bracket. But if I do, it's only a couple bolts.

I should be set now between this and my B2620 with the loader and rear blower.

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
That looks awesome! Almost makes me wish I had snow. :)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Dang, that looks sweet!

The joys of plowing snow in a cab, and looks like lots of light from the LED's!

I know nothing about UTV's...do they normally need tire chains?

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Finally got my Boss plow installed. Didn't have to adjust the front springs to a harder position, doesn't droop much when raised.

I'm impressed with how high it lifts. Just have to remove it later to see if I am still going to be able to put my receiver hitch mounted winch back on without removing the one mounting bracket. But if I do, it's only a couple bolts.

I should be set now between this and my B2620 with the loader and rear blower.
Nice setup! I looked at kubota UTV's but went with Can-am. I do alot of trail riding and have the LT track system. I went with the Western full hyd. 6ft straight instead of the "V" due to clearance of the tracks.

Good luck with it nothing better than plowing deep snow in tee shirt and hot cup of coffee in the cup holder. DSC00936.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Thank you everyone. I like it. I shouldn't need chains RCW, I have the worksite tires and my driveway is only a slight grade. It's well over 2500 pounds now with that plow. I run R4 tires on my tractor and have never had a traction issue here.

That's a nice setup too Tughill Tom. I'd love to have a tracked ATV for winter. More useful than a snowmobile.

I did a LOT of thinking....between the RTV, a UTV or a Gator XUV.
But when I bought my last ATV I wanted the RTV and then went and got another Polaris and regretted that from the first day. So this time I went with my gut feeling and got the RTV.

A big part of that decision was (I still have the two Polaris's for if I need a fast trail ride) I knew I wanted the plow and a climate controlled cab. AND I do a lot of work around my property and wanted a machine with hydraulics.
Plus 90% of my trail riding is all good solid logging roads branching off everywhere from my yard. So the RTV does ok putting around looking at the scenery.
Just nobody else wants to ride with me at 25 MPH, LOL

One last point is I only have the same money in this whole setup that I would have paid for a Ranger or Honda Pioneer or Talon......without a plow on any of them.

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Thank you everyone. I like it. I shouldn't need chains RCW, I have the worksite tires and my driveway is only a slight grade. It's well over 2500 pounds now with that plow. I run R4 tires on my tractor and have never had a traction issue here.

That's a nice setup too Tughill Tom. I'd love to have a tracked ATV for winter. More useful than a snowmobile.

I did a LOT of thinking....between the RTV, a UTV or a Gator XUV.
But when I bought my last ATV I wanted the RTV and then went and got another Polaris and regretted that from the first day. So this time I went with my gut feeling and got the RTV.

A big part of that decision was (I still have the two Polaris's for if I need a fast trail ride) I knew I wanted the plow and a climate controlled cab. AND I do a lot of work around my property and wanted a machine with hydraulics.
Plus 90% of my trail riding is all good solid logging roads branching off everywhere from my yard. So the RTV does ok putting around looking at the scenery.
Just nobody else wants to ride with me at 25 MPH, LOL

One last point is I only have the same money in this whole setup that I would have paid for a Ranger or Honda Pioneer or Talon......without a plow on any of them.
I plowed all last year without the tracks with no problem and my driveway is all hill. I just didn't get the time to get them installed.
Oh and nothing is more useful than a Snowmachine......For fun that is!:)

jtrout141

Equipment
LX2610 Wicked 55 grapple-FDR1660 finish mower
Jul 10, 2021
Iowa
Got mine last december. You will love the set up I think. I had the same internal arguments that you did and finally jumped on the RTV1100c with the boss plow. Couldn't be more pleased with the performance moving snow.

Attachments

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I plowed all last year without the tracks with no problem and my driveway is all hill. I just didn't get the time to get them installed.
Oh and nothing is more useful than a Snowmachine......For fun that is!:)
Ya, I was just thinking if you were only going to buy one thing, an ATV or UTV and a set of tracks is better money spent than a snow mobile. Not as good as a snowmobile in the winter, but at least you get year round use.
Do you find any loss of speed or power with the tracks on your Can Am?

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Got mine last december. You will love the set up I think. I had the same internal arguments that you did and finally jumped on the RTV1100c with the boss plow. Couldn't be more pleased with the performance moving snow.
Good to hear. I can't wait to try it. I just wired in the plug in for a battery maintainer too, thinking that might be a good idea with the plow pump being electric.
I just sold my F550 with a Boss 9.6 Power Vee XT to buy this. I only plow my own yard and hated using the truck. I always used my tractor, The visibility and maneuverability sucked in the truck and by the time you fired it up, warmed it up and did a couple pushes you could see the fuel gauge already take a big drop.

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Ya, I was just thinking if you were only going to buy one thing, an ATV or UTV and a set of tracks is better money spent than a snow mobile. Not as good as a snowmobile in the winter, but at least you get year round use.
Do you find any loss of speed or power with the tracks on your Can Am?
It will run at 35MPH@ all day long with no problem on roads and trails. I have plowed 4Ft of Lake effects snow in the bush and couldn't get it stuck.
I did just put new tire's on it after I cut a side wall trail riding this year. So I'm waiting to see how it does with new sneakers before i put the tracks back on.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I would think so, but I'll bet you never ran out of power!
No, it would push for sure. But many factors in that decision. I don't tow anything bigger than my antique tractors and the RTV now so my F150 will handle those. And I was getting sick of spending money on Pwerstrokes. And I knew I'd get more use and enjoyment from the RTV.

Attachments

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
It will run at 35MPH@ all day long with no problem on roads and trails. I have plowed 4Ft of Lake effects snow in the bush and couldn't get it stuck.
I did just put new tire's on it after I cut a side wall trail riding this year. So I'm waiting to see how it does with new sneakers before i put the tracks back on.
I'm sure it will do good on tires too. I plowed for 8 years before I bought my B2620 with a Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O. with a 5 foot plow and that thing was a little bulldozer. The stock Carlisle XTR radials were awesome, but now I've been running Swamplite Reptile Radials and they are okay too but not quite as good.

I've never got to try an atv with tracks.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Has anyone adjusted the flow control valve? I don't like how the plow just slams to the ground like the one on my F550 did.
In the troubleshooting guide it says if the plow drops too fast, adjust the flow control valve.
But then there is no reference as to how you do that.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Has anyone adjusted the flow control valve? I don't like how the plow just slams to the ground like the one on my F550 did.
In the troubleshooting guide it says if the plow drops too fast, adjust the flow control valve.
But then there is no reference as to how you do that.
Found it, LOL

TomGT350

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC
Aug 20, 2021
Maryland
I just sold mine last week. (still have a open cab RTV) After 8 years I sold it for more than I bought it for. Good, solid machines. The downside is power and speed. My driveway is 3/4 of mile, paved and very steep in places. The 1100c couldn't push snow up the steepest parts. It also struggles without the plow, while using the AC, requiring you to shut off the ac until you get on nearly flat ground. This is the way they all are, I've owned 3 and my neighbor had 2 (sold one and bought the latest JD.
rtv.jpg

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
My hills probably aren't as steep as yours. So far mine does good. I run up this hill, AC on with two buckets of dirt in the bed from my B2620 at 9/10 MPH in high range.

Mine seems stronger with a load in it. It does initially bog down when the AC is on, but if I lift off the throttle a bit, it picks right back up.

I'm going to try and keep my bush roads open this winter. If it struggles on the hills, I'll just try and get up them and plow downhill.

Are those Boss lights mounted on yours Tom? I see optional lights listed in the brochure.

That dealer I used also told me the Smart Hitch 2 is not available on these plows....but it lists it in the brochure for them?

Attachments

TomGT350

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC
Aug 20, 2021
Maryland
My hills probably aren't as steep as yours. So far mine does good. I run up this hill, AC on with two buckets of dirt in the bed from my B2620 at 9/10 MPH in high range.

Mine seems stronger with a load in it. It does initially bog down when the AC is on, but if I lift off the throttle a bit, it picks right back up.

I'm going to try and keep my bush roads open this winter. If it struggles on the hills, I'll just try and get up them and plow downhill.

Are those Boss lights mounted on yours Tom? I see optional lights listed in the brochure.

That dealer I used also told me the Smart Hitch 2 is not available on these plows....but it lists it in the brochure for them?
Yes, that's the smart hitch with the 55 watt lights. Using the smart hitch you can have the plow on and off in just a few minutes. It sounds like you already got the go pedal figured out. During heavy snow that's exactly what I did, found away to plow down hill. Best of luck with the RTV.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Thanks Tom. I was getting the feeling that dealer was full of misinformation.

Oh well...I'll have to lift on the tower manually. At least it's not as heavy as a truck plow.