Rtr0550 tiller noise

Faston

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 18, 2023
PA
Rtr0550 tiller started making noise during my last use. It’s only 2 years old and this is probably the 5th use of it. So not a ton of hours on it. The noise seems to be coming from the chain drive. Everything seems to operate normally but I stopped because I didn’t want to make a possible bad problem worse. I hope the chain just needs tightened. Does anyone have info on how to do this? I found information on other models but not the rtr0550.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Is this a true Kubota product or could it be Landpride as I cannot find that model in Kubota parts on line?
Dave
p.s.it is a Landpride product.
From Landpride Site:

Why does my Tiller make a clacking noise when I raise it out of the ground?
Answer

This is most likely caused by putting the driveline in too much of an angle causing the u-joints to rub against one another. Raise the tiller while in operation just enough to clear the ground.

Use this link to find a manual
Landpride

Link to manual's trouble shooting section
FIX

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Service should be in the manual,if you can't find yours , download one. Should be a sticker or two on the tiller for showing the adjustment ?Maybe look at online parts places for how it's made ? Worst case..take to dealer .
Assuming it's chain drive, it needed to be adjusted after 5-10 hours of use,due to initial chain stretch.
If gear version, maybe low on oil ?
time passed....
I googled 'trt0550', got the landpride website...

Oh dear, since it makes a noise, best donate it to me, I enjoy 'projects', especially something that'd fit MY BX23S !

sniff,sniff..hay I tried.... BTW file too large to post (7MB)
Goto landpride's link, get the operator's manual, pages 25-26 show lube fittings and type of grease/oil to use

Last edited:

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Not sure I can help, but if its a LandPride, mine has a sticker on the side claiming that it has a 10 year warranty.

20240518_120203.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Oh-Oh!… missing sticker..??.… No Warranty. 🤪

John Ha

Equipment
L2350F, 6 foot finish mower, 5' blade, 5' disc harrow, cultivator, 3-pt scoop
Feb 23, 2024
Mitchell, SD
Not sure I can help, but if its a LandPride, mine has a sticker on the side claiming that it has a 10 year warranty.

View attachment 129041
Thread Hijack (Sorry!): I really like your dollies! I'm using store-bought furniture dollies for some of my stuff but have found that they don't last long if used for the heavier implements. Thanks for the idea. :)

Reactions: 1 user