ROP for a B6000

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
B6000 w/Loader 2013 L3800 w/Loader
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
Hey does anyone have a ROP for there B6000 ? I have never seen one or do you can you make one? I live in the woods and hill slopes and after getting stuck the other day I thought it might be a good safety thing to have...:eek:

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
Well let me give you an update and why ROP's are so inportant! I beffed up my bucket by welding some braces on where the bucket is attached to the left arms.

Afterwards I went out to make sure I did ok and the sun was going down and I got into some soft dirt on the edge, my rear tire slid off and I stopped got off the tractor real easy and chained it so I could pull it out just as I was going to hook the dump truck the bank gave away and it did a soft roll on its side. :eek:

If I or someone was in the seat it could have caused server injury if not death so no more questions I'm putting an ROP on next! :eek:

The B6000 is a beast for sure other than some hydraulic oil I checked it over and fired it up without missing a lick. Then parked it in the shop for the ROP I'm going to install as soon as I get one:) I would sure miss working on my Kubota if it was on top of me and all the fun I have with you all ;)

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Could have been a whole different story. Glad your OK. I don't have a rops on my B8200 but I will be thinking seriously about making one for it. If you can't find one, any welding shop can make one pretty quick. Again glad it was just a close call.:cool:

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
Thanks Dusty, me to I don't mind waking up to some pain each day in fact I like the waking up part!
Vic gave me a name of a company who makes them for Kubota's and all kind of tractors, www.herculesrops.com/ and there all over the world my dealer here in the USA is out in California and the ROP is 674. + shipping so about $800.00 but still cheaper than a hospital stay or a fancy box to go into the ground.... Now these are certified I am going to check a welding shop to see also. Oh and again thanks us Orange tractor types have to stick together....:)

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
Re: ROP for Safety!

Hey Small&Mighty99,

Your wife is a smart woman, mine also gave me a bad time for not having one but just because I seem to do things that need all the safety stuff LOL:D.

When I was in High School FFA I was the safety guy and I really know better also I responded to a tractor roll over with a 8 1/2 month pregnant lady but she was lucky she was pinned in soft mud, her husband told her while they were pulling stumps just to go for it...she never even got a scratch but she did tell us to stand by because she was going to kill her husband....:eek:

Oh here in the USA there is a company that Vic told me about www.herculesrops.com/ , they make ROP's for Kubota and a lot others, check them out and post a picture of your ROP for us to look at...:)

kyforeman

Equipment
B7100HSE
Jul 19, 2009
Kentucky
They have the ROPS setup on the Factory Kubota website, look under saftey. I was able to order one for my B7100 from our local dealer for 149.00 and its a factory fit. Here is the link to were I found them at showing the models that they cover at special pricing. Im sure that a custom ROPS may be stronger but they will cost more and these here are after all designed for our little orange monsters. Hope this helps someone.

Greg in Ky.

Link to KUBOTA ROPS http://www.kubota.com/f/safety/rops.pdf

cstempert

Equipment
L185DT-L1730FEL -Woods L59 , Kubota plow blade, Case 220 w/ snowblower / blade /mower / Cyclone rake
Jun 30, 2009
Wolcott, CT
Here is the link for the ROPs program:
http://www.kubota.com/f/safety/rops.cfm

If you put your info in, they'll e-mail you a quote.
I talked to my local dealer this morning and they didn't really know much about it, but was going to look into it and get back to me.
$148 for the Bar and seat belt (for a L185) and $90 to ship it. I'm not sure on labor, they added $150 for labor, but the total cost was $30 less :confused:. I prefer to install my own anyway. That, and I don't have a trailer to bring it anywhere ... yet.

Even $240 is cheaper than building and painting a pretty one, I would say

frm

Equipment
B6200
Aug 2, 2009
Circleville,OHIO
I have a rops off a B6200 that would match up perfectly. It is an original Kubota heavy duty one. What price range are you looking at for one? I live just south of Columbus, Ohio and have no idea of shipping cost. Thanks:)

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
Hey thanks guys, I have my dealer looking into it now but we are having all the local fairs so they are all running around but I should find out soon.

Oh and on the one in Ohio how much does it weigh? It maybe my last chance if I can't get one from Kubota and as price?? We can talk later but thanks.

I'll just be driving on flat ground for a while ;)

steve

Equipment
B7100HST, B5001DT/B5100DT, JD-111H, Chevy K2500 DuraMax, CJ-5, CJ-7, TJ jeeps
Feb 17, 2009
Henniker. NH, USA
I had very good luck with the crew at MB until it came time to place the order. They insisted they had to install the ROPS. I have a Gray Market B5001 and knew there would be problems if they got wind of that so I had to back out of the deal. Can't blame them for trying to make a few bucks on the install. Too bad Kubota thinks my money isn't green enough. What dealer doesn't make a bundle on parts and service even is they didn't make the origional sale! Their loss.

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
Howdy neighbor, Steve if that's the case they will also lose me but what about Chapel in Milford they are great for parts and help. I might call them and see also. Thanks for the input, Jerry :)

steve

Equipment
B7100HST, B5001DT/B5100DT, JD-111H, Chevy K2500 DuraMax, CJ-5, CJ-7, TJ jeeps
Feb 17, 2009
Henniker. NH, USA
I haven't tryed the Orange tractor dealer in Milford since I was given the cold sholder because my B5001 is "gray". There answer to my questions was "you'll have to ask Kubota" I now get all my parts from Messik's or Coleman. Both have been great. Their too far to see gray.

cstempert

Equipment
L185DT-L1730FEL -Woods L59 , Kubota plow blade, Case 220 w/ snowblower / blade /mower / Cyclone rake
Jun 30, 2009
Wolcott, CT
Steve
I'm surprised the dealer wanted tin install the ROPS.

Tell 'em you don't have a trailer... you got plenty of tools just waiting to be used...or that your smarter than a 5th grader anc can handle it.

My dealer had no problem with me installing my own ROPS.
The L185 Rops was pretty heavy - 150# maybe. It came in a nice crate, with the seat belt in a box strapped to the side.

I'm Probably going to put the seat belt on my son's Go-kart though.:D

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
Hey All, MB my Dealer finely got back to me and Kubota does have the ROP program for my B6000 about $300.00 USD with shipping and I can install it myself no trouble. Now if things will quit breaking around the house and the President quit cutting my money and charging me more taxes I will get it on. Thank You all for all the Great Help! :D