retro fit loader?

brunswick000

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Feb 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Anyone think I can retro fit a loader from a Massey 135 to a Kubota L245DT?? Or, also have a line on a loader from a B21 kubota as well. Significantly higher price for the Kubota loader though. Both come with all lines and loader valves. Kubota one has single stick operation and is in prestine condition, and the massey loader needs at least one cylinder replaced and all the lines, and has two stick controls.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Hard to say, I don't know what you've got for fab skills, tools, and time. What really matteris is do YOU think you can do it?

Have you considered purchasing a loader such as a Koyker for example, that might be a bolt on project?

brunswick000

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Feb 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I have thought of pricing out loaders for my tractor and they are more money than I paid for the tractor itself. My primary concern was whether or not those loaders were either too big, or too small for my tractor. I think that the TL21 loader from a B21 tractor would likely fit right on my L245DT. However, I can get my hands on the older Massey loader for like $500, and the Kubota loader is at least 3 times that. But, if the Massey loader is going to be too big then im concerned I will damage the tractor. It should be noted however that the Massey loader has its own pump.

On another note my fabrication skills are quite "minimal". Im not afraid to try anything. However my lack of experience is one reason I am looking for a loader that is the right fit in hopes that the only mods that need to be done would be for frame mounting.

mike837go

Equipment
L185 2WD, MF1010, Ford 2110, MM Big Mo 500
Aug 8, 2011
Campbell Hall, NY USA
Keep shopping!

Putting the correct implement on the machine is much more important than getting it done NOW!

I just put a used Bush Hog 1845QT on my Massey 1010. The combination is officially supported by Bush Hog. The combination is better balanced than my Ford 2110 and it's factory loader.

Getting a loader 'right' is very critical. If it doesn't apply the load to the tractor properly, the REAR wheels lift off the ground. It was a very unpleasant experiance!

A front-end loader is a wonderful tool. I say "Go for it" but be careful about unofficial combinations.

Also does your tractor have access to the pressurized hydraulic fluid? Or do you need a manifold block?