Replacing a clutch on a L275 (ZL2202-DT) hydraulic question ?

Thunder Fish

Equipment
ZL2202DT-M
Oct 21, 2017
100 Mile House BC,Canada
Hey folks going to replace the clutch soon and one question I have is removing the FEL,seems straight forward but when I disconnect the supply/return lines to the FEL,when the tractor is off when I disconnect the hoses,will all the fluid naturally siphon out the line going to the 3 point hitch or will I just loose a quart or two ?
I plan on using the fittings to reconnect the hydraulic"s to move the tractor into the shop,any input please ?

Attachments

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Hey folks going to replace the clutch soon and one question I have is removing the FEL,seems straight forward but when I disconnect the supply/return lines to the FEL,when the tractor is off when I disconnect the hoses,will all the fluid naturally siphon out the line going to the 3 point hitch or will I just loose a quart or two ?
I plan on using the fittings to reconnect the hydraulic"s to move the tractor into the shop,any input please ?
You shouldn't lose too much fluid.
You'll need to loop a hose between the fittings going to and from your loader valve. Otherwise, you'll dead-head the pump. Is there a third (tank) line from your loader valve?
On second thought, you need to check and/or consult your WSM to make sure there will still be a relief valve in the system after you remove the loader valve.

Thunder Fish

Equipment
ZL2202DT-M
Oct 21, 2017
100 Mile House BC,Canada
You shouldn't lose too much fluid.
You'll need to loop a hose between the fittings going to and from your loader valve. Otherwise, you'll dead-head the pump. Is there a third (tank) line from your loader valve?
On second thought, you need to check and/or consult your WSM to make sure there will still be a relief valve in the system after you remove the loader valve.

Thanks for the reply,very simple setup,no 3rd tank,if I reconnect the 2 lines it will be back to stock set up,I just dont want to go to the hassle of draing the system so I can reconnect the 2 lines,once the lines are connected it goes to the 3 point ram and back through the return.

Fedup

Apr 6, 2016
Winchester
Just another thing you might consider. If your loader valve does indeed connect to the tractor with only two lines, you might want to revisit that. While there are many loaders on small tractors configured that way, it's not the best setup long term. Yes, it may well have been that way the entire time you've owned it without issue, but it still has limitations. Personally, I never install valves in the middle of a system like that using only two ports. For a number of reasons. You should at least research the difference so you understand the pros and cons of the two line vs three line configuration.

Thunder Fish

Equipment
ZL2202DT-M
Oct 21, 2017
100 Mile House BC,Canada
Just another thing you might consider. If your loader valve does indeed connect to the tractor with only two lines, you might want to revisit that. While there are many loaders on small tractors configured that way, it's not the best setup long term. Yes, it may well have been that way the entire time you've owned it without issue, but it still has limitations. Personally, I never install valves in the middle of a system like that using only two ports. For a number of reasons. You should at least research the difference so you understand the pros and cons of the two line vs three line configuration.

Thank you I will