Replacement loader valve

kbrothers

Equipment
b2150 HST loader/hoe
Dec 1, 2013
Ebensburg,Pa
Have a B 2150w with a BF350-A loader it has a7 lines coming off the valve body Can"t get the bucket up/down lever to move at all Could someone direct me to a reasonable replacement? Anyone replaced one Thanks all Ken in PA

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
A gadzillion possibilities some quite inexpensive and some pretty pricey. The OEM valve is $924. and looking at the parts diagram it is not clear how it operates. I assume you could substitute a generic if you are not looking for originality. Would need to know more about the plumbing on the OEM valve to get specific. Feature wise I would suggest a joystick valve and float on the boom spool for sure. Regen is a popular popular feature on the bucket spool but that will run the price up and limit your choices significantly.

kbrothers

Equipment
b2150 HST loader/hoe
Dec 1, 2013
Ebensburg,Pa
A gadzillion possibilities some quite inexpensive and some pretty pricey. The OEM valve is $924. and looking at the parts diagram it is not clear how it operates. I assume you could substitute a generic if you are not looking for originality. Would need to know more about the plumbing on the OEM valve to get specific. Feature wise I would suggest a joystick valve and float on the boom spool for sure. Regen is a popular popular feature on the bucket spool but that will run the price up and limit your choices significantly.
Just bought a garden tiller so want to keep cost down so thinking something from Surplus Center on the cheap.Need to know open or close center etc Years ago built a loader on a Cub Cadet and had good luck with valve from them

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Just bought a garden tiller so want to keep cost down so thinking something from Surplus Center on the cheap.Need to know open or close center etc Years ago built a loader on a Cub Cadet and had good luck with valve from them
Open center with power beyond. I buy a lot of stuff from Burdens but if if you want cheap go here

Not the cheapest valve they offer but a very good price for a joystick with float. No tax and no shipping - don't forget to buy the power beyond sleeve

If that valve is out of your price range check out some of their other P40 valves - far less expensive than Burdens.

Dan

kbrothers

Equipment
b2150 HST loader/hoe
Dec 1, 2013
Ebensburg,Pa
Open center with power beyond. I buy a lot of stuff from Burdens but if if you want cheap go here

Not the cheapest valve they offer but a very good price for a joystick with float. No tax and no shipping - don't forget to buy the power beyond sleeve

If that valve is out of your price range check out some of their other P40 valves - far less expensive than Burdens.

Dan
Thanks a lot Dan

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Something to consider before giving up on your existing valve.

It is extremely rare for something to go wrong with the internal parts of the valve.

However, on the outside of the valve section that raises and lowers the lift arms is a DETENT section.

The detent section is where features like FLOAT reside and where rust and water accumulate eventually locking the valve spool's movement.

Look at the two colored ovals I have drawn on the parts illustration. The metal caps are held on by two small screws easily accesible on the lower side of the loader valve.

Have a catch cloth under the valve when you remove the cap on the stuck spool so any springs or ball bearings do not get lost.

When the cap is off, try moving the stuck lever. It will likely now move.

The parts under the cap are easily relaceable and cheap.

Dave

kbrothers

Equipment
b2150 HST loader/hoe
Dec 1, 2013
Ebensburg,Pa
Something to consider before giving up on your existing valve.

It is extremely rare for something to go wrong with the internal parts of the valve.

However, on the outside of the valve section that raises and lowers the lift arms is a DETENT section.

The detent section is where features like FLOAT reside and where rust and water accumulate eventually locking the valve spool's movement.

Look at the two colored ovals I have drawn on the parts illustration. The metal caps are held on by two small screws easily accesible on the lower side of the loader valve.

Have a catch cloth under the valve when you remove the cap on the stuck spool so any springs or ball bearings do not get lost.

When the cap is off, try moving the stuck lever. It will likely now move.

The parts under the cap are easily relaceable and cheap.

Dave
Dave, got the back off; there are 4 small balls, 1slightly bigger one and a small spring laying loose inside the cover The loader is sitting out side and I removed the valve to work on it in the basement so don"t lose parts i

kbrothers

Equipment
b2150 HST loader/hoe
Dec 1, 2013
Ebensburg,Pa
Dave, got the back off; there are 4 small balls, 1slightly bigger one and a small spring laying loose inside the cover The loader is sitting out side and I removed the valve to work on it in the basement so don"t lose parts i
Remounted valve on tractor the valve moves but you really have to slam it either direction

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
kbrothers, look at the attached parts breakdown for the BF350A loader valve. Look at parts 190 and 180. You say there were 4 balls with one bigger than the other 3. According to the parts list you should have 4 of part 190 (probably the smaller balls, and 1 of part 180 (probably the bigger ball). Did you by chance put the bigger ball where the 4 balls part 190 go?

Attachments

kbrothers

Equipment
b2150 HST loader/hoe
Dec 1, 2013
Ebensburg,Pa
kbrothers, look at the attached parts breakdown for the BF350A loader valve. Look at parts 190 and 180. You say there were 4 balls with one bigger than the other 3. According to the parts list you should have 4 of part 190 (probably the smaller balls, and 1 of part 180 (probably the bigger ball). Did you by chance put the bigger ball where the 4 balls part 190 go?
wgator, sorry there are 4 small and 1 large balls I left them all out to try the lever looking at diagram thinking maybe #50 broke and jamming leverWill try to take more apart Monday Thanks for help & schematic