North Georgia
Reactions: 1 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Kubota is the 'Toyota' of tractors. Maintain it, don't over abuse it....and it will last a long time with few issues.

Just came in from using my 27 yr. old L2350DT, its still going strong.

27b.jpg
27c.jpg

Reactions: 10 users

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Shopping for our first compact tractor. How is Kubota for reliability? All we see in our neck of the woods is mostly Orange and Green.
I have a Kubota and a Ford (New Holland).
I would say that Kubota, Ford (New Holland), Deere, Massey, and Kioti are all good.
I would recommend steering clear of off brands such as Rural King (RK).

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I kinda feel the opposite when I follow my Dodge truck or kubota all I read is how do I fix this or that.
Well, posts about how everything is fine do not serve much purpose - not worth the effort.

I am: approximately 2.5 years in with no issues with the Kubota or any of the attachments / implements,
my Toyota Tundra is almost 6 years old with no repairs and my son has my Honda Element at nearly 13 years with no repairs.

Reactions: 2 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Thanks,

What is your opinion on buying new vs. used?

Either could be fine. Just depends on your needs and plans for use.

Occasional use.....a used tractor might make more sense. Your ability to work on the tractor could dictate whether or not a 'warranty' on a new tractor would serve you better.

Lots of things to consider before purchasing a tractor (size, hp, attachments, 4x4 or 2wd, trans type, etc).

I like your forum 'name' BTW. (y)

OlFerguson

Equipment
4440, 1120D
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Every brand of tractor has their awesome and not so awesome models. Kubota for the most part is a fairly reliable tractor. Their engines a pretty bullet proof.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Either could be fine. Just depends on your needs and plans for use.

Occasional use.....a used tractor might make more sense. Your ability to work on the tractor could dictate whether or not a 'warranty' on a new tractor would serve you better.

Lots of things to consider before purchasing a tractor (size, hp, attachments, 4x4 or 2wd, trans type, etc).

I like your forum 'name' BTW. (y)

New vs used: no different than anything mechanical. It depends on use and maintenance. But it often seems like it’s hard to find deals on well maintained used tractors. My experience is there often isn’t enough of a price difference to consider buying used instead of new.

Reactions: 2 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I bought one with a backhoe that was junk when made. Had it to two different dealers multiple times and they came out three times, it remain a poor product. The tractor was made in Japan and it is fine, the hoe was made in the USA and it is poor beyond belief.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Don't buy a B3350
True!

For the OP , B3350’s have some issues specific to that model and the emissions system. Don’t go near one.

Model and emission system has been discontinued, so only available used.

Last edited:

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Well, posts about how everything is fine do not serve much purpose - not worth the effort.

I am: approximately 2.5 years in with no issues with the Kubota or any of the attachments / implements,
my Toyota Tundra is almost 6 years old with no repairs and my son has my Honda Element at nearly 13 years with no repairs.

6 years for a tundra is nothing, not sure about the new models since they did away with the tried and true v8 that only lacked fuel economy, everything else is/was pretty bulletproof. My brother traded in his 07 tundra in 2019. The truck had well north of 200k and not a clean corner on it, it wasn't even a sought after model as it was a 4 door with a 8 foot bed, but they gave him over 6k for it at a ram dealer no less. So yes Toyota/Honda rule the car industry. And I'm becoming pretty confident that kubota rules the tractor industry (and not just becuase I own a close to 40 year old one) there may be few close seconds though if I'm not being biased.

Last edited:

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Beyond the machine, I’d also suggest consider price and service of what you choose. Deere obviously has a service network, but they also have a superior parts availability and distribution system. That being said in the compacts it’s very hard to argue if you look at the frames and wheel hubs etc that Kubota is not a better designed machine. Parts maybe easier to replace in a JD and more available too. JD are generally designed so that the weak link is a simpler repair and they have parts available and get them to you quick…that started with their plows…service in mind…that’s a plus, but it might be less durable compared to a Kubota….the hubs on a kubota meant to work in the mud / submerged (I’ve spent more time than I have needed in Japan and it’s impressive to see how they farm in the paddies to say the least) is superior IMO, but they would be a more expensive repair…but harder to damage them. Crawl on the ground and look at frame construction and the cast/enclosed hubs of the Kubota …hard to argue that IMO. Each have their strong points, but also in my experience JD dealers cater to big machine owners…Kubota dealers cater to compacts….at least around me…treatment. At Kubota dealership far superior to JD…walk into both and see for self in you area. If not doing the service yourself, the dealer in your area becomes a factor too. Kubotas are more manueverable. I do think though that JD has a little better stance for pulling…also back to their heritage and primary design/use. Both are great machines and better than a shovel. If their is not a parts or service network for whatever you are looking for proceed with caution. With both Deer and Kubota you can likely move and either be able to order parts and have serviced with out to much hassle.

Last edited:

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
The L175 my dad bought in 1975 is still going strong today along with the Woods RFM he bought at the same time. I'd say they're pretty reliable.
Pop's Kubota - L175 - 1978.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Jun 16, 2023
Texas
New vs used: no different than anything mechanical. It depends on use and maintenance. But it often seems like it’s hard to find deals on well maintained used tractors. My experience is there often isn’t enough of a price difference to consider buying used instead of new.
That's what I've been thinking. The price of used equipment with unknown use/abuse history makes it hard to justify the risk.