Rebuilding the 4530B Kubota Backhoe.....

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
I'm trying to remove the swing assembly king post. My manual does not show anything on doing this. I did a Google search to no avail.

I have all the bolts / nuts out of the cap, and it's loose, but will not lift out.

I know there are people here that have done this, and I'm hoping that someone will shed some light on this for me. Please.:eek:

Randy

Attachments

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I took my Woods BH 750 apart many years ago. Kubota 4530 is actually a Woods BH 750. I remember needing lots of heat with a torch while using cold chisels as wedges to separate the top parts. To get the bottom I used a bottle jack under the king post and once again lots of heat and a big hammer.
If you need to replace the bearings I have one new one and one really good used one. I would give you a good deal on these parts. I also have a PDF of the 4530B parts manual if you need it. However it is available on the Kubota web site.

Randyj

Equipment
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
I put a dial indicator on the top section. Got about .040" side to side movement. Not too happy with this.
The bottom bearing is still tight for some reason.
After messing around with this I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I've got the backhoe completely dismantled for sandblasting & fresh paint. Now would be the best time to replace this / these bearings.
Whatever I decide on, I need to get going cause winter is just around the corner.

I've got all the manuals, thank you, anyway.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Something I have to do myself. The most slop in mine is in the lower boom pivot. I can literally see it jumping up and down during operation which is not good. I took out the pin for inspection and found no wear so I am going to have to replace the welded in pin retainers shown in the picture. You would think they would have replaceable sleeves in these areas. Maybe I will try to re-design this area.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Something I have to do myself. The most slop in mine is in the lower boom pivot. I can literally see it jumping up and down during operation which is not good. I took out the pin for inspection and found no wear so I am going to have to replace the welded in pin retainers shown in the picture. You would think they would have replaceable sleeves in these areas. Maybe I will try to re-design this area.
When I rebuilt mine, I used a reamer on my mill-drill to enlarge the pin holes,then machined and pressed in bushings to bring the holes back to the correct size, If I remember correctly the pins were 1" and the OD of the bushings I made was 1 1/8"

Attachments

Last edited:

Randyj

Equipment
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
I think I’m going to go ahead & set the frame up in a hydraulic press
and press out the vertical pivot shaft & both bearings.

Might as well, since I’ve got everything dismantled.

Attachments

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
When I rebuilt mine, I used a reamer on my mill-drill to enlarge the pin holes,then machined and pressed in bushings to bring the holes back to the correct size, If I remember correctly the pins were 1" and the OD of the bushings I made was 1 1/8"
I will have to check if I have enough meat on the sleeves and will keep this as an option. I do not have a mill but have a lathe. Not sure I want use my 1 1/8" drill bit for this either. Hope to get to this over the winter.

Randyj

Equipment
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
Today I used a hydraulic puller and a little heat to remove the swing assembly
and top & bottom bearings.
Now I’ll have to order the new replacement bearings.

Attachments