Rear tire weights l3000dt

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
I'm wondering if any of the members here have found an aftermarket source for rear weights for a 11.2-24 rear ag tires on l3000dt or another model or manufacturer that is compatible. Thanks in advance

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Have you fluid filled them yet? It made a huge difference on my 3000. If I remember right it adds almost 300 lbs per tire.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I put just a tad more than250lbs of beet juice in my 12.4x24's. With that and 140lbs/side of steel wheel weights, the back is still light if you have any load worth mentioning in the FEL. I use about 600+ lbs of concrete on the 3ph for loader work.
I built hub standoffs for the rear wheels, with a single 5/8 grade 5 bolt sticking out to hold weights. Years ago I got half a dozen round drops from the steel mill for a song - they were 1-1/4 x 17" diameter, weighed about 70 lbs each. Back then I used 3 per side on my L185DT. Now I'm using 2 per side on the L3200 - the other two are on my Cub Cadet zt mower.
Just buying the steel is, I believe, less expensive than buying real wheel weights, and then having them shipped to you. Fashioning your own mounts is pretty straight forward, whether you do a hub like I did, or come out with stand-offs from the Kubota wheel bolt holes.
Now that I'm pushing 70, I wouldn't care for any weights over what I have. 70lbs is a good number.
If you watch yard sales you might find 50lb barbell weights for next to nothing. They would not be hard to deal with.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8484

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
Yeah I have the tires antifreeze filled. I have another post in regards to briars and should I worry about foam filling and punctures. I built a weight box out of a junk 3 poi t disk with. Coulters cut off and 8 concrete blocks on it. I think it's 600 lbs. just wanted to know what others solution to this problem was

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I'd do some checking with junk yards that may be buying scrap from heavy industries, such as Caterpillar. For instance some larger industry or foundry in Beloit WI would cut out centers of circular products from plates 3 and 4 inches thick. The cut out "slug" was a round waste product and a junk dealer sold them for scrap price. With some adding of mounting bolts and such, I fixed up two tractors with them. You can put them on in layers.

Even buying similar junk that is not shaped right, with a suitable torch you can cut to shape.

I also bought worn out rollers from crawler tractors serviced by a heavy equipment repair outfit for other projects I had and they were almost given to me.