Rear Hydraulic Coupler $$$$$$

makakilooo

Equipment
L2250, LoBoy 185
May 13, 2013
Andover, CT
Would it be a fatal flaw to order a new Kubota without the rear hydraulic coupler option ? Runs an extra $850, don't think I'll need it, but don't want to limit resale opportunities. Wallet vs. common sense ?

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
You may not need it now but its one of those things you might wish you had later on down the road. You'd be surprised at what you can hook up with rear remotes and make life a little easy.

It can be added on later and it sounds like its a headache to install one yourself.

I look at it as you have the chance to put one on now from the start and might be kicking yourself in the ass later for not getting it when you find a use for it.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
What are you going to be using the tractor for? :confused: If you are going to be doing about any grading with a 3pt implement, then there is a good chance that you are going to want either a complete top & tilt set needing 2 rear remotes or at least a hydraulic top link requiring a single rear remote.

Good luck ;)

makakilooo

Equipment
L2250, LoBoy 185
May 13, 2013
Andover, CT
Eric and Mtn View, am going with the remotes (2) second remote only an extra $240.
Dealer however asks for a choice for second valve...DOUBLE ACTIVE VALVE or FLOAT DETENT VALVE. I am WAY over my head on this, but want to be able to do grading plus farm chores. Ech year I move 160 yards of compost to low areas and rake, back blade or roll in an attempt to grade. Passable, but not great. Will sell my trusty L2250 4wd FEL to upgrade to a single tractor.
Help appreciated and welcomed.

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
Do not waste your time or money going through the dealer for rear hydraulics.

I have an L3800 and will be doing both a 3rd valve for the grapple bucket up front, plus I will be adding a 3 valve setup on the back of the tractor for TnT and the 3rd valve will be detent, which keeps the valve open so that it can be used as either side shift, or hydro "PTO".

You can add a 3 valve setup to the rear of your tractor for UNDER $400

See this thread on why you'd want 3 valves at the back.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...g/208593-top-tilt-rear-remotes-installed.html

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Do not waste your time or money going through the dealer for rear hydraulics.

I have an L3800 and will be doing both a 3rd valve for the grapple bucket up front, plus I will be adding a 3 valve setup on the back of the tractor for TnT and the 3rd valve will be detent, which keeps the valve open so that it can be used as either side shift, or hydro "PTO".

You can add a 3 valve setup to the rear of your tractor for UNDER $400

See this thread on why you'd want 3 valves at the back.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...g/208593-top-tilt-rear-remotes-installed.html
Can you please let us all know where you can get a 3 spool valve,(2 should have the float function and 1 either detent or just spring return to center) power beyond ready, 3 sets of female QDs and all the rest of the plumbing for $400. :confused:

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Eric and Mtn View, am going with the remotes (2) second remote only an extra $240.
Dealer however asks for a choice for second valve...DOUBLE ACTIVE VALVE or FLOAT DETENT VALVE. I am WAY over my head on this, but want to be able to do grading plus farm chores. Ech year I move 160 yards of compost to low areas and rake, back blade or roll in an attempt to grade. Passable, but not great. Will sell my trusty L2250 4wd FEL to upgrade to a single tractor.
Help appreciated and welcomed.
Get at least one with the float function, both if at all possible. There are situations and circumstances where it is nice to be able to put hydraulics into the float position.

The huge plus with having the dealer do this is that you get the tractor and all this stuff is done and ready for you to use. Normally costs about double that of sourcing all the parts yourself though. Depending on what model of tractor that you are getting, but if it is a Grand L or an M model, there is pretty much NO WAY to put aftermarket stuff in as clean as the OEM units.

Please ask any other questions you may have BEFORE you place your order. ;)

makakilooo

Equipment
L2250, LoBoy 185
May 13, 2013
Andover, CT
Taking all of this in.Trying to resist the "gotta have it now urge". Dealer is understanding, not pushing the sale, young 'un, baseball cap and grease under the fingernails.
Appreciate the input. Handy with tools, but real short on knowlege. My judgement has been off track. Bought a new IH LoBoy, opted for creeper drive over 3pt hitch, major mistake.
Bought a full size backhoe, gas, big mistake trying to sell it. Bought an IH dozer, 2 way blade, no one interested.
Next fiasco picked up big skid steer, no hyd outlets, no buyers, and so it goes.
Have unto till May 31 to qualify for 0 down and 0% interest plus $1500 reate.
Appreciate any other ideas. AT 70, definately going to be my first and last new tractor.
Dealer mentioned there are FEL bucket options, light, heavy, round, square, bolt on cutting edges, 2 welded chain hooks either on top of the FEL or on the side gussets.
Would like to get it right this time.
Mostly horse farm use, mucking, composting, hauling pasture boulders,leveling. Fill relocation.

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
3 Spool valve good for 8GPM $238.95 (would need larger if you went with a tractor that has a hydro flow above 8GPM. My 3800 has less so I'm good)

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-7863&catname=hydraulic

Adding detents is $31.95/ea. They are out of stock on them currently, but it's the first time I've seen this.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-7867-D&catname=hydraulic

You'd need less than $100 in hoses/fittings to finish the job.

I'm going to mount to the rops in the rear. The valve allows handles to point up or out.

To mount, you'd need to fab a steel plate to bolt to the rops with U bolts. (see this post http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...g/208593-top-tilt-rear-remotes-installed.html )
He installed valve on the front, I'm going to put it in the back where the ROPs goes vertical. Allows operation on and off tractor.

I'm going to use this setup for TnT, plus a side shift (w/ detent) to use as hydro PTO for using a log splitter or whatever is needed in the future.

Last edited:

makakilooo

Equipment
L2250, LoBoy 185
May 13, 2013
Andover, CT
Yes, had another thread on choosing tractors. Objective is to upgrade from my L2250, worked well when only had a few horses. Herd has grown, can't keep up with chores. Looking at L3800 or L4600.
L4600 $4900 more than the L3800, I'd have to sell my L2250.
If I go to a L3800, I'd keep the L2250.
Thread responses tend to suggest the L4600.
But, I can only afford a stripped L4800, no rear externals.
If a L3800, I would load up with externals, keep the L2250, and still be $2600 ahead.
Clock is ticking, must decide before May 31.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
3 Spool valve good for 8GPM $238.95 (would need larger if you went with a tractor that has a hydro flow above 8GPM. My 3800 has less so I'm good)

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-7863&catname=hydraulic

Adding detents is $31.95/ea. They are out of stock on them currently, but it's the first time I've seen this.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-7867-D&catname=hydraulic

You'd need less than $100 in hoses/fittings to finish the job.

I'm going to mount to the rops in the rear. The valve allows handles to point up or out.

To mount, you'd need to fab a steel plate to bolt to the rops with U bolts. (see this post http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...g/208593-top-tilt-rear-remotes-installed.html )
He installed valve on the front, I'm going to put it in the back where the ROPs goes vertical. Allows operation on and off tractor.

I'm going to use this setup for TnT, plus a side shift (w/ detent) to use as hydro PTO for using a log splitter or whatever is needed in the future.
So the valve with 2 float functions is $303. :D You can get 3 hoses and 6 female QDs with all the other fittings needed for $97? :confused: And of course shipping is apparently free? :cool:

You are a much better shopper than me, that or we just don't shop for the same things. ;)

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
So the valve with 2 float functions is $303. :D You can get 3 hoses and 6 female QDs with all the other fittings needed for $97? :confused: And of course shipping is apparently free? :cool:

You are a much better shopper than me, that or we just don't shop for the same things. ;)
Odd, I'm not going to use QCs for my TnT, but yes, all fittings, hoses, and QCs came out to $100 including 6 sets of QCs(6F, 6M), not including shipping (I'd be surprised if it's more than $20)

I don't need $24 worth of QCs, nor the extra detent add-on so I'm under $350.

Are you confusing float with detent? They are not the same thing.

This also does not include the plastic covers for the QCs, but they're not needed to make it function, and they're about $1 each.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Odd, I'm not going to use QCs for my TnT, but yes, all fittings, hoses, and QCs came out to $100 including 6 sets of QCs(6F, 6M), not including shipping (I'd be surprised if it's more than $20)

I don't need $24 worth of QCs, nor the extra detent add-on so I'm under $350.

Are you confusing float with detent? They are not the same thing.

This also does not include the plastic covers for the QCs, but they're not needed to make it function, and they're about $1 each.
I know the difference between a detented 3 position valve and a 4 position valve that has a detented float position.

There are circumstances where a person can make good use of the float function for both the top link and side link.

If you have and use a PHD, you are going to want some QDS on the top link.

Good luck with your project. ;)

Last edited:

dfwkubota

Jul 26, 2013
malaga spain
Hi,

just noticed your thread!! ive just recently bought a L 1500 Dt Kubota and am looking to have some hydraulic connections on the back mainly for my tipping trailer? where do you plum into? would you be able to send me some photos?

Many thanks Doug.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I would go with the factory dual remotes. You won't even notice the extra cost when it's added to the total price of the tractor. If they will let you get both with float funtion I would get that but if not get at least one with float.

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
Bulldog and MtnviewRanch are right on. Just add it when you buy it. Its a clean install, if they screw up your new tractor its not your problem. I had the dealer do mine, nice clean job. Then I bought the tnt from Brian @ fitritehydraulics. It is the only way to go. I dont even remember how much it was. You will forget the price quickly and you will use the tnt for many years happily....