rear blade for 2350

turkeyjr

Equipment
BX2350, box blade, rear blade,FEL
Apr 27, 2010
Chesterfield,Va.
I am new to tractor talk and wondering what brand rear blade others use for the bx2350. I bought a Land Pride 5ft. but cannot rotate it to use bacwards. The blade hits the lift arms about where they connect to the blade lift pins. Land Pride has not been able to help. I would appreciate your thoughts.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
First off hey neighbor Im up the street from you in the West End, and secondly welcome to OTT.

The 5 foot blade is to large for the BX2350 thats why the blade hits the lift arms when you try and turn it around. 2 options come to mind, try and see if you can return it for a 4 foot blade or take it off the tractor and let the balde sit on the ground and spin the hitch around and see what that does.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
A 5 foot blade was the first thing I bought to work on my driveway. I ran into the same problem you are having. I had mine on a B 7100 at that time but it won't turn around on my L 3000 either. I didn't have hardly any money tied up in it so I just left it laying in one of my sheds to collect dust.

You really don't have many options. Do like Eric said and turn it around while it's unhooked, take it back or just live with it. If it was me I would take it back and put a few more dollars with it and buy a box scrape. You don't need to turn it around since it has a cutting edge on both sides. To me a box will do a much better job than a blade anyway. My son is just 12 and he can take my box and make things look pretty good around here. I think a box is just easier to use than a blade.

turkeyjr

Equipment
BX2350, box blade, rear blade,FEL
Apr 27, 2010
Chesterfield,Va.
Thanks for the replies. Glad I'm not the only one to experience the problem. Thought maybe it was the way the Land Pride was made. NOt much seperation between the blade and the top of the blade implement if that makes sense. Some pictures of other blades look like the blade is dropped down abit more than mine. Thanks again.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If They will take it back I would do it. You can take a box scrape and do everything a blade will do and then go beyond that. I don't care what you do a blade won't carry but a hand full of material along with it. I have pulled enough dirt behind mine that the rear tires would carry it over and drop it off in front of them.
It just works better.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I live close enough to you I'd be happy to come out and help you get it figure out if need be. I use my blade just for snow removal and thats it.

Delaware Devil

Equipment
bx2360, FEL, 60"mid mount mower, Woods 5' back blade
Jul 10, 2010
Felton, Delaware
I'm new here, so first let me say hello. HELLO. Now to the dilema about the blade not having enough room to swing around. If the blade is hitting the arms by only a couple of inches, try a quick hitch to set it back about 3 inches. I have a 5 foot woods blade, but haven't tried it on my bx yet.

Orange in WI

Equipment
L3130 with loader-BX2360 with Loader,front mount snowblower,60MMM
Jun 16, 2010
Fond du Lac,WI USA
I have a BX2360 and use a King Kutter XB five foot rear blade. It turns without any problem. It's not the best made blade for sure but I don't think the BX will hurt it and was not much money. Works great for my 400 of gravel drive.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
My little BX 2360 carries a 5 footer no problems like it was said shorten your top link and if you have long pins inthe arms you will have to knock them up a bit to clear and you should be good to go