Really close to buying a BX2380, I've drive 2, both had high pitch whine.

RoBoss

Equipment
Kubota M5040
Feb 13, 2015
Henderson, Ky
I really like the BX2380, but both that I have driven have a high pitch whine. Two different dealers have said it is normal with this years model and that it's just the hydrostatic pump. Anyone else having an issue?

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I really like the BX2380, but both that I have driven have a high pitch whine. Two different dealers have said it is normal with this years model and that it's just the hydrostatic pump. Anyone else having an issue?
All that is true...............
My whine went WAY down, after I changed the fluid in the hydraulics.
I would imagine that the newest machines have the best fluids in them - could be wrong too - IF not true, changing to the S-UDT2 fluid will reduce the whine quite a bit.

Do not let the whine turn you away - ear muffs or whatever will help that, the positives on this machine will outweigh the negatives.....

csaturno

Jul 29, 2017
Hamburg

I have 26 hours now on my Bx2380 and its a little quieter. Really dont hear it after you start to use it. Machine is a beast. I waited 2 years going back and forth on what to buy and I wish I would have done it sooner. Blows snow like a beast. Cuts amazing too. Leaves very nice lines. Buy it. You will love it.

FUSE

Equipment
B3350-B2650-Z125s-KX008-Bobcat MT100-Case/Davis TF310
May 24, 2017
North Dakota
Both My 23S and 2680 quieted down quite a bit after the 50 hour mark....I remember the 23s especially was noisy right away I though something was wrong it would whine so loudly.

sevengutters

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 16, 2018
Pa.
I just tested a BX2680 yesterday and I did notice the same annoying whine .
My question is have the bx series had any hydro pump issues or things of that nature ? I did see that most say the whine eases up after some hours of use and after first service .
Also the low range trans . setting seems to have a slower travel speed than some other brands ?
Overall I thought the machine was well thought out by Kubota.

deathtoblackberries

Equipment
B2920
Mar 25, 2013
Battle Ground, WA
I went from a larger B2920 to a BX2380, to me the issue is the BX2380 whine travels through the tractor frame and up into the hollow ROPS tubing right next to your ears like a pair of loud speakers, so I'm not sure that it whines more than the B2920 just that its blasting out of the hollow ROPS tubing. First thing I noticed about the BX vs the B is how loud that was from the ROPS.

I did some research and guys are filling their BX ROPS tubes with sand or expanding spray foam to quiet it down.

sevengutters

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 16, 2018
Pa.
I went from a larger B2920 to a BX2380, to me the issue is the BX2380 whine travels through the tractor frame and up into the hollow ROPS tubing right next to your ears like a pair of loud speakers, so I'm not sure that it whines more than the B2920 just that its blasting out of the hollow ROPS tubing. First thing I noticed about the BX vs the B is how loud that was from the ROPS.

I did some research and guys are filling their BX ROPS tubes with sand or expanding spray foam to quiet it down.
Thanks for the info .

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
Buy it, you won,t regret it. As with any machinery, you need to wear ear protection. I use the combo muffs with radio, that picks up our local country music station great. For a hundred bucks, you can get music, and ear protection. Win-win. I actually look forward to cutting my grass, or blowing snow in the winter time. Nice alone time, with only the local radio station keeping me company. :):)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
What they all said it is the nature of the beast, and what a lot of people dont understand you are sitting inside a tuning fork,, kind of ,,, the way the ROPS is set up, it resonates the whine of the pump and is amplified. As it wears in the whine will go away to some degree, and after your 50 hours fluid change ( going to SUD2) it will decrease even more. Dont let the whine turn you off, it is a little beast!