radio

Copperhill

Equipment
r630
Mar 19, 2020
Allenstown,nh
Hello, just installed a radio in the loader. Radio works fine, but will not maintain programmed stations. No power to yellow lead once turned off.

Any thoughts why? Thank you

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
The yellow lead probably needs to be fed +12 volts, 24/7 ( live all the time ). Just another device that'll drain down the battery.......

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
In my experience there are 2 power feeds to the radio. One will be switched and the other constant. These need to be swapped. You will find that the manufacturer has thought of this and provision is made for this between the radio and the multiblock. If you do not swap them your battery will get drained. I hope this helps.

jtboney1

Equipment
L2501
Jul 11, 2018
Mobile, Alabama
The yellow lead probably needs to be fed +12 volts, 24/7 ( live all the time ). Just another device that'll drain down the battery.......
I think Jay got it right. One lead (probably black or red) should be connected to the switch and only get power when the switch is on. Another lead (probably yellow or orange) should be connected to constant 12v dc to maintain the radio's memory. I had a radio on my old M4900 for years and had no problem with it running down the battery. If you think about it our cars and trucks have the same setup.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hello, just installed a radio in the loader. Radio works fine, but will not maintain programmed stations. No power to yellow lead once turned off.

Any thoughts why? Thank you
To get answers that fit the exact piece of equipment your working on, it would be good if you included that as well. ;)

Copperhill

Equipment
r630
Mar 19, 2020
Allenstown,nh
Thank you all.

To add to my post, there is a red lead and yellow. I know the red works with the ignition and the yellow is battery. Those leads do come from the loader harness, yet the yellow does not maintain power when ignition is off. wondering if that was not connected somewhere purposely as we installed an aftermarket radio (loader did not have one previously installed)

The loader is an R630

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
As Jay mentioned above, the yellow lead must be wired to a constant +12VDC source to maintain the memory. The current drain is negligible. Since it appears from what you said that your yellow lead is missing the constant source, you may very well need to search and find a source. You may have a fuse blown/missing that feeds your yellow lead.