R520 Blown Fuse

radioactivenewf

Equipment
R520
Apr 16, 2022
Canada
Hi All,
I joined this forum for some assistance in troubleshooting an issue with this loader. Either a service manual, or if someone has had this problem could chime in.
The tractor starts and runs fine, but when the brake switch is pressed to release and the tractor starts to move the fuse blows. I have checked the brake solenoid for wires grounded but found nothing. I have searched this forum for all the R520 threads with no luck for this symptom. Is there a way to check for condition of solenoid? Does someone have the service manual? Wiring diagram? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sorry, no cheap or free WSM for that model.
Some say if you walk into a local Kubota dealer with a blank USB key some will download the manual for you for cheap.

Special_K_Side

Equipment
R-520,S,ST
Aug 5, 2022
British Columbia, Canada
Hi All,
I joined this forum for some assistance in troubleshooting an issue with this loader. Either a service manual, or if someone has had this problem could chime in.
The tractor starts and runs fine, but when the brake switch is pressed to release and the tractor starts to move the fuse blows. I have checked the brake solenoid for wires grounded but found nothing. I have searched this forum for all the R520 threads with no luck for this symptom. Is there a way to check for condition of solenoid? Does someone have the service manual? Wiring diagram? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
I would pull apart the steering column first and pull the brake connector apart and hose the heck out of it with contact cleaner if no visible damage is seen. Have seen a lot of issues with abrasion when monkeys get into the column cover :)

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I found one site which claims to sell a WSM for $20. It might be worth the gamble.
R520
Dave
This is a downloadable manual, not a paper copy. If you download it, I suggest downloading it first to your computer, and then putting the manual on a memory stick in the event that you should ever have a harddrive failure.