Quick Hitch Help

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
What do you think? I'm trying to set my snow blower up to work with my quick hitch and have the same problem as with the Wallenstien chipper/shredder.

I can get the bottom pins to sit in tight but no matter what combinations I use the top pin does not sit down tight in the top hook. There is a gap on the bottom side of it.

Think that is OK or am I going to put stress or accelerated wear on anything?

All my Land Pride implements are quick hitch compatible but the Wallenstien chipper/shredder and the Kubota snow blower do not say they are.

Driveshaft still has enough overlap.

Attachments

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Thanks a lot Kennyd4110. I saw and answered that over there too.

I appreciate it. Now I can leave my quick hitch on all year.

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
Interesting top hook adjuster, I'd not seen one like that before.

Looks like if you wanted it to hook completely you could drill another hole or 2 in the plate that the hook is welded to to raise it above the top setting

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Here I thought they all had an adjustable top hook? I was going to buy a Land Pride but then my dealer talked me into this Braber for exactly half the price. And they look identical.

So far it's been good. If you've seen my posted pics of all the road I built and maintain, it hasn't bent or broke yet after hours and hours of heavy box blading and angle blading.

Thanks again for the advice. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't over-looking anything.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Haha, I thought they were the same. Shows how much I pay attention, LOL.

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
I just bought a BX52 Wallenstein chipper so I'll have the same problem I suppose. My friend has the same hitch as yours (Peavy Mart sells them here) I really liked the top hook, a lot better than my Speeco so I modified mine and it sure makes hooking up a lot easier.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Let me know how you make out with the BX52.

I had to make feet for my BXM32 as my B could barely get the 3point low enough to set it down on the ground and my neighbors BX couldn't at all. I thought that was strange.
Anyone else experience that? Or did they just weld my mounts on wrong on the one I got?

Awesome chipper though.

You can see in the pic, I just bolted some 4X4's to the bottom of it so that it could sit down flat with my neighbours BX and I don't have to fight to get it off my B.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
Looks good at first I didn't notice the 4x4's. I should get mine next week, I ordered a bx32 at first then changed it to a bx52 to allow for crooked limbs and the odd larger branch, hope I didn't make a mistake I'm using a bx2660 with 19.5hp at the pto.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I don't know how that will work? Will have a lot of flywheel weight for sure to get turning. But my B2620 has the same PTO H.P. and the 32 doesn't tax it at all.

I know I've easily fed bigger than 3 or 4 inch through mine. Pretty much anything I don't chip is big enough to be cut into firewood.

There are already a couple holes in the bottom feet of the Wally, so I just drilled those 4X4's and countersunk the heads. Then painted them with implement paint.
Let me know how you make out Wbk.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
My quick hitch has the hook like the Land Pride someone posted. I had not seen a quick hitch like the starter thread shows. I bought a 'hitch fork' for my quick hitch. I use it on my rotary mower as the hook wants to ride up and out. Here are some pics...
Another thing I want every tractor owner to know. I wish I hadn't waited SO long to get a quick hitch. What a great time and knuckle buster saver.
Mine is china made from Northern Tool $129. , If there is ever an Issue with it. I'll get the USA made $600. one. Worth every penny.

Attachments