Quick disconnect not diconnecting

Wolfbay farm

Equipment
M105
Sep 15, 2020
Chipley Florida
I have an m105 and recently got a Three point rear grapple with 2 hydraulic lines. At first was able to detach both quick disconnects but noticed a hydraulic leak from a fitting near the grapple. The leak was between the L fitting that comes off grapple and the next fitting. I was sent a replacement L fitting that connected directly to the hydraulic line without the intermediate fitting. Now the grapple doesn’t leak but I can’t get the quick disconnect off on the line with the new L fitting but the other line came right off. The intermediate fitting has a smaller diameter hole for the fluid to flow. Could this difference in the fittings cause the problem disconnecting the hose? Not sure I explained this very well but any suggestions?k

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Shut the tractor down and then move the levers for all the hydraulics. Now try to disconnect the lines. Often the pressure will release and allow the the disconnect to release easily.

Wolfbay farm

Equipment
M105
Sep 15, 2020
Chipley Florida
Shut the tractor down and then move the levers for all the hydraulics. Now try to disconnect the lines. Often the pressure will release and allow the the disconnect to release easily.
Tried that and still couldn’t get it off. However 24 hrs later I just tried again and it came off. Thanks for your reply.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I had the reverse problem with my loader...I could not get the one of the quick disconnects to snap on no matter what I did. It turned out that may lower sits in an area that gets a lot of mid-day sun.
And after the sun beats on the hoses for about an hour the pressure won't let me push the coupler on.
I moved it to a shady area and the problem went away.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Kubota uses Pioneer style QD's. They come in 2 designs, the disconnect under pressure (the tips will be slightly pointed) and the standard ball end that won't disconnect under pressure. You have to be sure both the male and the female are the same design and... neither will connect under pressure, all pressure has to be relieved on the female fitting to connect to the male, no matter which design it is. They will interchange but mixing the connectors defeats the disconnect under pressure feature.

If you replace them be sure the disconnects plainly state 'disconnect under pressure'. or say break away couplers.

To release a break away coupler, you firmly push the male end into the female (takes some effort) and then quickly withdraw the male from the female. There always will be some leakage of fluid from the fittings as the fluid in the cavity has to go somewhere (usually on the tractor). <y tractors stay wet on the back from hooking up and unhooking implements but hydraulic fluid washes off easily.

Reactions: 1 user

Wolfbay farm

Equipment
M105
Sep 15, 2020
Chipley Florida
I had the reverse problem with my loader...I could not get the one of the quick disconnects to snap on no matter what I did. It turned out that may lower sits in an area that gets a lot of mid-day sun.
And after the sun beats on the hoses for about an hour the pressure won't let me push the coupler on.
I moved it to a shady area and the problem went away.
Good to know. Most of the time the grapple is stored in shade so maybe this wont happen.