Questions about rear remotes on a B2650HSDC

Cabota

Equipment
B2650HSDC BH77 LA534
Mar 25, 2017
Western Great Basin, NV
Trying to think about how to get 2 factory float rear remotes:

According to Build-Your-Kabota you can have up to 2 rear remote valves (factory option) added to a B2650HSDC (CAB version) and with the B2650HSD (ROPS version) you can have up to 3 rear remote valves.

For the first valve it can only be a double acting valve (non-float)

For the second (and third for the ROPS model) it can be either double acting or float detent.

My questions are:
1) What prevents the first valve from being a float detent?

The likely answer is:

a) The larger can on the bottom of a float valve vs double acting hangs down and conflicts with some part of the hydraulic cylinder or some other part.

b) The float valves have greater forward travel so maybe the lever travel hits something as you try to put the valve into float mode.

c) Something else. Thanks for any guesses or definitive answers.

2) Why can't a cab model have 3 factory rear remotes but the ROPS can?

a) The only thing I can think of is there isn't enough room inside the cab for lever #3.

See attached pictures. First pic shows the two slots in for the rear remotes. The inside slot is shorter than the outside one. The outside slot has greater forward travel for the float detent. It looks like there is room in the cab but what do I know.

Any help appreciated. It would great if someone has the factory remotes knows the real answer.

Attachments

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
I have the B2650HSDC with one remote as that's all I need.

I'll try to remember to go down in the morning and have a look at the situation and see if I can answer any of your questions.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I am pretty sure that is why they say 2 remotes for the cabbed model due to only have the 2 slots for the levers in your first pic. My rops model does not have the slots in it. There is tray for your phone and 12 volt outlet in that location. I am going to add 2 remotes in the future and looking at it will have to remove that tray and have to fab something up for the levers.

Cabota

Equipment
B2650HSDC BH77 LA534
Mar 25, 2017
Western Great Basin, NV
I appreciate any help on this!

I have gone after the illustrated parts diagram (as you see from the screen shots), poured over every B2650 Cab pic I can find (its surprisingly difficult to find a good pic of exactly these levers) and done a few dozen searches of the various forums and have come up empty handed. Its a mystery. Why no float in the lst postion? If its a simple plastic-slot-aint-there reason then its nothing a dremel tool and a skilled hand can't fix.

But you would think the engineers would have a really good reason to make sure nobody orders 1st position float on Build-Your-Kabota. There are also notes about ordering the valves from the whole-goods parts book have this note all over it as well. .... just not the reason why.

> I have the B2650HSDC with one remote as that's all I need.

and it's a double acting with no float position right? If you can see how much space is under the valve and the lever clearance that would be awesome.

Thanks!

FINN

Equipment
B2601 RTV900
Feb 24, 2017
MT RAINIER
I installed both of those valves on my B2601. You are right, the float valve has an extension that interferes with the side of the case. Surprised you can stack 3 valves, my B2601 only has room for two, being a smaller tractor I suppose.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
As FINN said, the larger detent end on the rear of the valve hits so it won't fit.

What do you need to run that you need 2 float valves for?

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

This is the valve, mounted under the cab, just above the right axle as viewed from the rear.

This is the lever in the cab, viewed from the rear through the rear window. The gray box is the control for my electric chute rotation on my snowblower.

This is where the linkage penetrates the floor of the cab. The wiring is to the chute rotator.

Looking at it, I would say it's definitely a space issue both for the linkage in the cab and the valve under the cab.

Cabota

Equipment
B2650HSDC BH77 LA534
Mar 25, 2017
Western Great Basin, NV
That's fantastic! Thank you everyone for the replies. Exactly what I needed to know.

> Looking at it, I would say it's definitely a space issue both for the linkage in the cab and the valve under the cab.

PHPaul the pics are worth a zillion words.

I spent more time yesterday with Build-Your-Kabota. The majority of the models on there currently have the 1st position restriction to non-float. L3301/L3901 and some of the L4701 series allow choice of 1st position.

I'm planning on a T-N-T kit. I might build a custom 3PH attachment and thought it would be good to float both the top and side angle cylinders. I suppose one float and a electronic diverter can implement two floats if I really need it. Maybe I don't need angle control at all on it at all. I can figure that part out later I suppose.

Good to know what options are doable and which ones are a total no-go.

eng1886trk

Equipment
2016 B2650, 60" bucket, QH15, RB1572, LR1572, BB1260, 42" forks
Mar 9, 2016
Lancaster, PA
Well does it have to move or do the rear values sit in front of it. Can you take a picture of where the connections are mounted to the rear of the tractor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
I'm guessing you're referring to a 12v outlet on the wheel well where the remote levers are?

There isn't one on the cab model, it's on the dash.

Cabota

Equipment
B2650HSDC BH77 LA534
Mar 25, 2017
Western Great Basin, NV
I don't have any pics that I found on the internets of the rear remotes on a B2650 ROPS. Brochure shows the 12VDC socket and "compartment" on that spot.

Also when I looked up the illustrated parts catalog for the 3 ROPS levers it comes up with TBD (to be determined) for part numbers.

Attachments

Cabota

Equipment
B2650HSDC BH77 LA534
Mar 25, 2017
Western Great Basin, NV
Hilarious! Nice decal!

It was either gonna be Cabota or CabHoeTa or something similar. Amazed nobody snagged it here on OTT or on .... that other forum site.

bcuster

Equipment
B2650 w/ cab, FEL, BH, 63" snowblower w/ extensions, grapple, forks, box blade
Jul 10, 2015
State College, PA
I have the dual remote setup on my B2650 cab. If you need some pics, let me know and I'll try to get some later today. I haven't used them yet - the tractor only has 25 hrs. Figured I'd get them with the new tractor for financing and warranty.

bcuster

Equipment
B2650 w/ cab, FEL, BH, 63" snowblower w/ extensions, grapple, forks, box blade
Jul 10, 2015
State College, PA
I have the dual remote setup on my B2650 cab. If you need some pics, let me know and I'll try to get some later today. I haven't used them yet - the tractor only has 25 hrs. Figured I'd get them with the new tractor for financing and warranty.
Here are some more pics.

Attachments

Cabota

Equipment
B2650HSDC BH77 LA534
Mar 25, 2017
Western Great Basin, NV
Fantastic pictures. Those are a keeper for sure!
I will need to compare that nice install to what I get when it shows up.

Did you get the float detent on the second? Im just curious.

Many thanks!