Nov 14, 2014
Wamego, Kansas

Attachments

Jake71

Equipment
Hustler Xonei 60" ZT, B2601, Landpride GS1548, TITAN HD Receiver Hitch
Nov 14, 2014
Wamego, Kansas
I specifically ordered stones not longer than 4'. Some were pushing slightly longer and they were obviously chosen for the bottom row. Some stones being the same dimension were heavier than others. It all depended on the density. You have to go super slow and there was no way I could have done this if the area was not completely flat. Some pucker moments occurred for sure.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Looks nice. Hope nobody hits the mail boxes in your neighborhood!!

I thought you got your new tractor and gave up on the forum.

Jake71

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
Wamego, Kansas
Didn't give up it's just been too nice outside to be inside on a laptop. And when I do come in I'm usually nearly dead. Each day would end with a celebratory beer followed by a shower and bed.

Also I discovered how many friends I have. Which was really weird because I didn't have that many before getting a tractor. Everyone is just so damn friendly now. Huh? O'well.

Jake_

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Each day would end with a celebratory beer followed by a shower and bed. Jake_
:) That describes my life for the last three years. People make a face when I tell them I am asleep by 6:30 pm and up at 4:00 am.

A tractor, if used correctly, can be one of the best home gyms you could ask for. And, unlike stair steppers or treadmills, you get a bunch of stuff done!

Good for you!

Ray

Jake71

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
Wamego, Kansas
Cave Creek Ray; EXACTLY! Waking up sore in places you didn't know were places. I had to convince my wife to let me get a tractor and thought to myself "wow, just think of all the things I'll be able to accomplish"

When actually the tractor creates more work for your body than it saves. Obviously there are projects you wouldn't even consider trying without the help of a tractor but realize very quickly it's still a ton of manual labor. While building the retaining wall I probably mounted and dismounted the tractor 1,000 times.

You don't need a gym membership when you own a tractor and have plenty of projects to do. Next year the pond goes in. I'm not digging it but I'll have a lot of finish work to do and dirt to move around.

Jake

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Tell me about it boys,, I use to cut wood all day and load up the truck 2 or 3 times even in the dark, now 4 hours of cutting and NOT loading the truck, its more like a couple toddy's and a hand full of Alieve. Gettin old aint for sissies I can tell you that :D

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Good luck with that pond!

Spent the last month prepping my front yard in a major re-do. I have a pretty bad water run-off issue so I built some semi-circular berms to hold back the water. When those fill, they empty into a swail I broke up with my tractor but had to dig out by hand. Its 80' long and starts at six foot wide and narrows to three foot. Took three days of digging. I used up over 45 tons of material on just the berming. Hand raking that stuff was a killer three days.

People ask me how retirement is going. I ask them, "You ever see that French prison island movie, Pappillon?"

:)

Jake71

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
Wamego, Kansas
My next purchase http://www.everythingattachments.com/Pulverizer-Yard-Pulverizer-p/eta-yp-72-v2.htm

Not a huge fan of hand raking. I borrowed one of these from a friend who picked up an old one up at auction for next to nothing. Best dirt prep tool there is hands down. Basically indestructible, very heavy so it's a great ballast, multi-functional tool, and multi-generational. They just don't wear out and no one that has ever used or owned one gets rid of it so they are never on craigs list.

Jake_