PTO switch? Seat switches? Driving me crazy!

Sandyridge

Equipment
2010 B3030 w/cab, loader, blade
May 7, 2017
Portage La Prairie
Hello folks.

It's driving me crazy. I just bought this tractor 2 weeks ago. First week was flawless. Then I started having intermittent problems. The tractor would shut off if the PTO was running. Sometimes, it would shut off without the PTO running. Sometimes, it would start, but die as soon as I pushed the hst pedal in either direction. Yesterday, it died and won't start at all.

Going crazy trying to figure it out.

Help?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hello folks.

It's driving me crazy. I just bought this tractor 2 weeks ago. First week was flawless. Then I started having intermittent problems. The tractor would shut off if the PTO was running. Sometimes, it would shut off without the PTO running. Sometimes, it would start, but die as soon as I pushed the hst pedal in either direction. Yesterday, it died and won't start at all.

Going crazy trying to figure it out.

Help?
one of switches is your problem - check the seat one, there is an operator presence switch, sound like yours is misaligned.

Yoder

Dec 12, 2016
South East NC
When I bought my L3830 last December I could just slide too much to one side of the seat and the tractor would die. I made it less sensitive by putting a patch of industrial Velcro on the bottom of the seat right over the switch.
It will still cut off if I stand up more than 3 seconds.

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
Struggled for a year with those issues on my BX...wired them out and haven't had any issues since. Cue safety lecture...

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Post a detailed number of the machine model here and some one may come along with a diagram of circuits for you to help see where to look.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
my seat switch started to kill the engine, randomly. i un-plugged the switch. haven't have the engine die once afterwards.. (unless i use the key)..

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Far be it from me to say what you should and shouldnt do on your piece of equipment. Just keep this in mind,,
Should anything happen, God forbid, make sure somebody knows how to put it back like OEM, BEFORE the INS people look at it,,, Just sayin

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
just used a wiring pinch clip connecting the two wires before the connector, to plug in the seat switch...... taped it to keep moisture out. easy to restore. just remove tape, use screwdriver to open clip, use pliers to pull the metal clip from the wires. tape up and insert into plastic wire cover. never know it had been modified unless you remove the plastic wire cover along the length of wire, to find where it was..

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Just saying they pay people good money to look for things like that,trust me on this one