PTO not engaging in any position BX2660

Mochanic

Equipment
BX2660
Feb 18, 2019
Baytown, Texas, USA
The spring connects to a small hole in the lever and a hole on the flange of the hydraulic pump. it is missing on a lot of Kubota's and often causes a no-start condition because the pto lever isn't held firmly against the neutral switch!
Yeah I went out there and messed around with it until I figured it out. The hole on the hydro pump was throwing me off, but I could see that it really was the only option since there was no other place to hook the spring to. It works so much better with the spring... Before I had to pull the lever up and into the latch on the fender plastic, now you can just release the lever and it sucks it right into place.

Again, thanks so much for your quick replies. Guys like you are a hard to find. The dealer near me has a bunch of idiot kids working there and I bet none of them can even spell Kubota without cheating!

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I'm not sure drilling that out was the right thing to do! Usually the drill is the last thing I get out when I'm repairing hydraulics. Guess we'll find out when he puts it together!
My concern with drilling it out was the possibility that there is an orifice in there to control PTO engagement. I don't have a new one to look at but the illustrations in the service manual don't show one.

Mochanic

Equipment
BX2660
Feb 18, 2019
Baytown, Texas, USA
This was already a super small hole. I can't imagine why it would need to be any smaller.

Anyways, I put the belly mower on and finally got to mow my back yard before the rain came in. Absolutely no issues as of right now.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Why can’t I see a picture of a spring on a granite surface in the thread but see it on the front page of the thread list (forum category front page)? Is it stuck somewhere?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mochanic

Equipment
BX2660
Feb 18, 2019
Baytown, Texas, USA
Why can’t I see a picture of a spring on a granite surface in the thread but see it on the front page of the thread list (forum category front page)? Is it stuck somewhere?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Because I figured out how it goes, then edited and deleted the picture right before eserv replied.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
***8230;. The dealer near me has a bunch of idiot kids working there and I bet none of them can even spell Kubota without cheating!
Is your dealer WOWCO Equipt? I see you're in Baytown and that's where they've been selling Kubotas nearly forever. My 1996 M4700DT was sold new to it's first owner by them and when I wanted to research some background info on my tractor, WOWCO was overwhelmingly helpful and knowledgeable.

Trooper

Equipment
B7100
May 27, 2020
Greenwood,California
Thanks to all for this informative quest to get the PTO working. Thanks for the restraint by all. B 7100 fabricating a seat so this big guy can get behind the wheel, ps the 4 blade fan blade has just started to crumble by rubbing against them, new one's on the way.

JamRockBX25

Equipment
Kubota BX25DLB
Aug 27, 2020
Jamaica
I'm sad you feel that way! I am a retired Kubota mechanic after almost 20 years working on them and I really believe they are the best on the market! The BX especially are really great machines. Be sure to lube those O-rings well on reassembly because that shaft seizing is another thing that happens every now and then! Good luck reassembling and I think you'll get many years of enjoyment from your tractor. I own a BX25 myself and it'll be the last thing I give up!

JamRockBX25

Equipment
Kubota BX25DLB
Aug 27, 2020
Jamaica
Hi i am new to orangetractortalks now got our hands on the 2014 BX25DLB we purchased in a auction USA Kissimmee FL 6 months ago and shipped it to JAMAICA ... we own a small 5 acre homestead on JamRock and this is our first ever compact tractor ...these units are simple up just amazing! ... we have now just completed a full overhaulon the unit all oils and filters etc. ... and purchased many add many new attachment I.e. wheel spacers, wheels, new instrument panel , flail mower, grapple which was a must, new hydrophilic pump as flow test i did showed the old unit was a little low on flow etc...all the overhaul mechanic work carried was self learnt over the last 6 months from youtube orangetractortalks tractortalks etc. ...you are correct these units a just ...simply fantastic!... i now only have one remaining issue to do with the PTO just place a post for help with the issue ...(JamRockBX25)... please advise on the issue if you can.. :cool: ...

Attachments