pto hydraulic pump for b7200

leadhole

Equipment
b7200d snow blade belly mower 3 point log splitter
Sep 18, 2011
elizabeth, pa
I have a Kubota b7200d and bought a 3 point log splitter that I want to run off the pto.. The log splitter requires 8-15 gpm. my question is, what pump should I use, and where can I get one.. I have seen alot of pumps from prince mfg. but not sure if it will fit my tractor... any help would be apprciated.. thanks

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
I have nothing to offer, but I want to do the same thing, so please let us know how it works for you. I have a pto pump for my backhoe and it works great in that application, I think it would work for the splitter as well.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Just make sure the pump you select will output the GPM and pressure the splitter needs at whatever tractor RPM you choose to run. You'll need to look at the pump specs or get a knowledgeable sales person to assist. You can always call the pump mfr Tech Service line and ask their assistance.

Check pump direction of rotation compared to your PTO.

You'll probably need to use a shaft adapter to fit onto your particular PTO. Get a snap-lock type for safety.

Before engaging make sure you have a restraint chain from the pump to the tractor lift arm---or somewhere---otherwise the pump will spin and tie the hoses in knots. Engage at zero RPM, let the clutch out slowly, increase RPM to desired. Don't engage at high RPM ever.

Try ag-oriented dept stores like Tractor Supply or Atwoods. Grainger and McMaster-Carr too. Northern Supply via web.