Protect your L3301 lights

George3754

May 13, 2017
Lexington, s.c.
When using a tiller, be sure to not raise your lift past 7 or you will cause damage to your tail lights. Best to put a stop bolt in the slot at about the 6 mark. This is only when using a quick hitch.

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
I did the same thing when I installed my QH15 quick hitch on my L3901. Cracked the right side taillight and bent it down as well. I was able to straighten it out but it's still cracked. I ended up moving the lift arms further out on the lower 3pt arms and also dropped the lift arms down another hole as well. Overall the 3pt doesn't lift as high now with the quick hitch but it als Doesn't bust out my taillights now either.

kaiser715

Equipment
L2501/FEL/BH77 -- B2400/60"MMM/Bagger
Mar 17, 2017
Tramway, NC
Same here...lucky stopped just shy of cracking/bending lights on L2501. Went to lower set of lift arm holes. Plus is, the 3pt will go all the way to the ground now, so can pick up implements sitting flat on ground, not on a pallet or two.

Goes plenty high still for everything I got.

hiho silver

Equipment
Orange Tractor L3901
Nov 28, 2016
Midwest US
When using a tiller, be sure to not raise your lift past 7 or you will cause damage to your tail lights. Best to put a stop bolt in the slot at about the 6 mark. This is only when using a quick hitch.
It is a royal pain to loosen the factory 3 pt stop without using pliers. So I recently replaced it with one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HIFPW8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Then I moved the OEM stop to an upper position to prevent exactly what you describe.
Casual observation-the replacement from Amazon cost me $12. I see it is now $18. Ouch.