Powersteering HELP

E119744

Equipment
orange l245dt Kubota
Jun 2, 2012
Caldwell, Ohio United States
I installed a loader onto my l245dt , After that My steering box shattered and ball bearings every where , I am now going to add powersteering to my tractor , Do I have to buy a powersteering steering box to do this , Instead of a manual , And does anyone know who sells the powersteering conversion kits ... I tried tractorpowersteering , But the # and website is non reachable , Any advise on this is appreciated . Thanks

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Do a search of the threads on here, I do believe a few other members have added after market power steering to their tractors.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
If you have trashed your steering box then you will need to change to total hydrostatic steering like most new tractors have. Surplus center sell them, they are not cheap.http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-1880&catname=

Lots of rock crawler 4x4 jeeps & buggies use such a system. You could google and find lots of suppliers.

Last edited:

E119744

Equipment
orange l245dt Kubota
Jun 2, 2012
Thanks , Anyone in the market for a L245dt with a broken steering box , lol , So I would have to buy this box in the link and find some aftermarket powersteering as well . I dont know if the tractor is worth putting that kind of money into , Or maybe Its time to upgrade . Anyone have any good deals on a kubota /loader/POWERSTEERING , Let me know , Thanks

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Just rebuild the steering box and install power steering assist. That route you install a hydraulic cylinder on the steering arm, works just as well and much more affordable. Which is why I told you to do a search of the threads on here. Some guys have already done this.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I installed a loader onto my l245dt , After that My steering box shattered and ball bearings every where , I am now going to add powersteering to my tractor , Do I have to buy a powersteering steering box to do this , Instead of a manual , And does anyone know who sells the powersteering conversion kits ... I tried tractorpowersteering , But the # and website is non reachable , Any advise on this is appreciated . Thanks
Eric could be correct. I guess it just depends on exactly what you mean by "my steering box shattered". If the housing of the steering box is not cracked it can be rebuilt depending on parts availability.

E119744

Equipment
orange l245dt Kubota
Jun 2, 2012
I can buy a complete rebuild on ebay for 400, I done a couple searches and pm a couple people but there last post were 2010 and 2011...I think I am going to try to rig something up on my own since i cant find a kit (powersteering kit ), but what I cant seem to wrap my mind around is how does that hydraulic cylinder that is mounted to my steering rods know when to work when i turn the wheel with a manual steering box . Please set me strait !!

MidNightMan

Equipment
Kubota B7100 HST 4 ft Tiller 4 ft bush hog 4ft yard box
Feb 14, 2013
Helenwood Tennessee
I can buy a complete rebuild on ebay for 400, I done a couple searches and pm a couple people but there last post were 2010 and 2011...I think I am going to try to rig something up on my own since i cant find a kit (powersteering kit ), but what I cant seem to wrap my mind around is how does that hydraulic cylinder that is mounted to my steering rods know when to work when i turn the wheel with a manual steering box . Please set me strait !!
You will need a steering valve with the cylinder. I got one off a john deere 400 off of ebay. I don't know if it will work on your tractor or not. I used it on a b7100 hst.