power steering rebuild kit for L275

appleguy

Equipment
L275Dt, front mount snow blower, bean 3 pt sprayer, 6' bush hog mower
Dec 18, 2009
Oamk, WA
I have a L275DT with the dealer installed power steering unit (hydraulic cylinder). It leaks like sieve and I rebuilt it about 5 years ago with new O-rings, wiper seals and a few small gaskets. I am looking for a re-build kit that is reasonably priced with decent instructions. The last kit I got from my dealer was $98 for a few o-rings, a wiper seal and a few gaskets plus some real poor instructions. Anybody know if the WSM might cover the re-build with decent photos? Also is there a reasonably priced re-build kit available? It took my dealer forever to locate a reference to the kit and the kit itself. The original power steering was developed by a firm in Texas. Any help is greatly appreciated.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
It sounds to me like you have a power assist type cylinder with an integral valve. Kits for them are usually expensive and they do give a lot of trouble.
I have successfully installed the power assist cylinder from old Massey combines onto a couple of older Kubota's. the parts for them are readily available and not to expensive. Maybe you could use one of those if you don't mind building things!

Milo Holroyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 L245DT w/1700 FEL, 2003 L3130 HST,w/ LA723 loader,,and L2174A snowblower
Power steering is on my to do list! I have done some searching on aftermarket units.
My tractor is a L245DT. I suppose I'd need some kind of pilot operated cylinder.
The ones I have found so far, are wayyyyy too exspensive. Perhaps some Kubota system could be retrofitted?

Milo

appleguy

Equipment
L275Dt, front mount snow blower, bean 3 pt sprayer, 6' bush hog mower
Dec 18, 2009
Oamk, WA
That's exactly what I have (ie the power assist type cylinder w/integral valve) so not just any old cylinder can be adapted. Thanks for the tip re: Massey combines as I definitley don't mind building things. I know where a few are and later this spring I'll try and hunt some down.