Power Steering for B7100 HST

MidNightMan

Equipment
Kubota B7100 HST 4 ft Tiller 4 ft bush hog 4ft yard box
Feb 14, 2013
Helenwood Tennessee
Let me ask you guys a question..........

The valve-on-cylinder system you are installing is a one-off or proprietary design. Is it not?

What will you do if you need it serviced or replacement parts in 2 years or so and the guy selling these units is out of business or can no longer get parts?
I just hope the tractor will last 2 more years. Got a lot of work for it this summer. I think this guy has been in business for awhile cause he has other parts. So I guess it is a chance to take but we take chances every day. James

Last edited:

MidNightMan

Equipment
Feb 14, 2013
Helenwood Tennessee
James,

I'm extremely curious as to how yours turn out and am considering a PS kit but was afraid of the complexity of the system. Would you keep us posted on how easy it was to install, cost, etc? I have the same B7100, 4 wheel drive. Is yours the same?

Appreciations,
Sean
Sean I sure will my unit is supposed to be shipped tomorrow so I should know something next week. James

MidNightMan

Equipment
Feb 14, 2013
Helenwood Tennessee
Well I got my kit and for the B7100 it will be a pain in the butt. Not much room the way the cylinder is designed. Now for a bigger tractor it would be great. I guess I will just go mike's way I found a john deere valve that mike used so all I will need is the cylinder and the hoses.

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
Dang, I had high hopes & wanted you to have a successful fit! :( What's limiting the placement of the cylinder?

Glad to see that you're still determined to try alternative methods!

MidNightMan

Equipment
Feb 14, 2013
Helenwood Tennessee
Dang, I had high hopes & wanted you to have a successful fit! :( What's limiting the placement of the cylinder?

Glad to see that you're still determined to try alternative methods!
Sean on the cylinder placement it was a little long so I figure out I can shorten it about 2 inches and it don't have as far to travel as I thought so that will help. I'm still going to try it, all it will be now is time and the way the weather is now can't do much outside. I will post pictures when I get it done. Thanks James

MidNightMan

Equipment
Feb 14, 2013
Helenwood Tennessee
I got everything mounted and all hoses run but now northing works no fel or 3 point hitch. I don't know if the priority valve is bad or the valve on the cylinder. What a pain this has been. James

Apogee

Equipment
B6100, B7100, B8200, B9200, G4200, L175, L35
Jan 22, 2012
Tacoma, WA
Can't wait to see pics!!!!

Perhaps one of the valves is normally open instead of normally closed?

One other thought is perhaps a reversed line?

Hang in there James, you're almost done...

Good luck,

Steve

MidNightMan

Equipment
Feb 14, 2013
Helenwood Tennessee
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH] These are some pictures after the fact I have been changing hoses around for about 4 hours and still no fel or 3 point hitch. Then only thing that I can get working is the steering with the priority valve. Thanks James

PS I guess if i'm to dumb for uploading pictures don't need to be working on tractors.

Last edited:

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
What is the split rating on the priority valve? If the priority circuit rating is 3 gpm you may not have enough flow for the other circuit, Have you done your tests at idle rpm? If yes try to increase the engine rpm so you have more flow for the non-priority side of the flow divider.

MidNightMan

Equipment
Feb 14, 2013
Helenwood Tennessee
SCAN0006.jpg
This is the schematic and the way I have all the hoses but the only pressure is going to the steering cylinder. James

MidNightMan

Equipment
Feb 14, 2013
Helenwood Tennessee
What is the split rating on the priority valve? If the priority circuit rating is 3 gpm you may not have enough flow for the other circuit, Have you done your tests at idle rpm? If yes try to increase the engine rpm so you have more flow for the non-priority side of the flow divider.
I'm not sure on the gpm but I tried more rpm and the same thing.

MidNightMan

Equipment
Feb 14, 2013
Helenwood Tennessee
Why am I confused here?

Why are you running everything else through the steering sector?
Don't feel like the lone ranger i'm confused also. All is going to the steering sector is the pressure from the priority valve and the return to the sump. I just added the priority valve and the pressure from the pump going in on the valve and out to the fel valve. James

Apogee

Equipment
Jan 22, 2012
Tacoma, WA
Bad/stuck pressure relief valve???

I'd plug it and see what happens...

Apogee

Equipment
Jan 22, 2012
Tacoma, WA
What brand/model is the priority valve? I ask because is there any chance that the schematic they sent could be for a different model valve? What I'm getting at is what if the 3/4" inlet and 3/4" outlets are reversed? It's a shot in the dark, but figured I'd toss it out there...

I still think there might be problem with the relief valve. I would think you ought to be able to disconnect its hose and there should be nothing coming out. If you find a constant flow exiting the relief valve, then you've likely found your problem.

Last edited:

MidNightMan

Equipment
Feb 14, 2013
Helenwood Tennessee
What brand/model is the priority valve? I ask because is there any chance that the schematic they sent could be for a different model valve? What I'm getting at is what if the 3/4" inlet and 3/4" outlets are reversed? It's a shot in the dark, but figured I'd toss it out there...

I still think there might be problem with the relief valve. I would think you ought to be able to disconnect its hose and there should be nothing coming out. If you find a constant flow exiting the relief valve, then you've likely found your problem.
Apogee is has been awhile since I posted but it was the priority valve and also the valve on the cylinder wasn't right either. All I can find out on the priority valve it is a prince valve made in SD or that was what the tag said.