Power steering conversion

kubotaman

Equipment
l295 dt
Jan 16, 2011
pelion sc
i bought an aftermarket cylinder to add power steering to my tractor . i put a tee in my loader inlet and outlet connection and tied it in there . i have since received correspondence from the company that says the return line cant be shared with any other valves or implements . i dont know where else to plumb it to . MY TRACTOR IS A L295DT

Return line. Must return unobstructed to the reservoir. No other valves or implements may be on this line. It cannot be T-d into the pump suction line.

Attachments

Last edited:

MDsteve

Equipment
B7100, L225, L295DT
Jun 30, 2010
Forest Hill, MD
My L295DT has loader connections at a block just inboard of the hydraulic relief valve on the left side of the 3PT lift cylinder. I think mine must be configured with an optional flow priority valve at that location, but regardless of your configuration, you should have an attachment point for a return line there. Hopefully, someone else can give you more specifics regarding the standard configuration. It will be much better to return flow to the reservoir than the pump suction line, as any air in the PS loop will be eliminated in the reservoir.

kubotaman

Equipment
l295 dt
Jan 16, 2011
pelion sc
i have a block at that location with an output and a return . i put a tee fitting in each to supply the cylinder but the follow up instructions i received from the supplier today indicate the return port cant be shared

MDsteve

Equipment
B7100, L225, L295DT
Jun 30, 2010
Forest Hill, MD
I am not familiar with the internal plumbing from that block to the reservoir. But, if it's a straight shot to the reservoir from there, I can't see why dumping two lines into one hole makes much difference. Guess you could put a gauge on the tee, to see if any significant backpressure is present when you're loader is operating. Did you experience some problems when the PS was hooked up in this manner?

fbson395

Equipment
L245DT
Feb 6, 2011
Tehachapi Ca.
On a different tractor site I seen where a guy run his return in the oil fill hole. Put a pipe tee in it and extended his dip stick. Might be a option. Best of luck!

joec1411

Equipment
L235DT FEL
Oct 20, 2011
Dripping Springs, TX, USA
i bought an aftermarket cylinder to add power steering to my tractor . i put a tee in my loader inlet and outlet connection and tied it in there . i have since received correspondence from the company that says the return line cant be shared with any other valves or implements . i dont know where else to plumb it to . MY TRACTOR IS A L295DT

Return line. Must return unobstructed to the reservoir. No other valves or implements may be on this line. It cannot be T-d into the pump suction line.
I own an L235DT with FEL I would like to convert to power steering? Could you tell me/send pics as to how you accomplished it on your tractor?

-Joe