Power Steering Assy with Priority Valve for a L 235 DT

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland

Wanted and Needed before this machine completely wears me out.

I have a L235 DT w/FEL that is a really a bear to steer in close quarters. This machine had an option for power steering and the main components are Steering Box, Part # 35270-16100, Priority Valve, Part # 35270-16710, and a Relief Valve, Part # 38240-36600. I've been checking salvage yards across the country and have had no luck. Seems like if it's not Green or Red, you're out of luck.

Surely, In this land of Orange, there must be one laying around somewhere, just need everyone to look.

Thanks for reading.

Ron

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland

I ran a part # check and came up empty, might have to call. Thanks for the lead.

Ron

E119744

Equipment
orange l245dt Kubota
Jun 2, 2012
Caldwell, Ohio United States
I have a l245dt , I just finished putting power steering on it , And let me just say it is awesome , cause it sucked before . Anyways I bought a steering assembly off of a old combine at Wilson farms in fredericktown , ohio . He shipped it to me , it came with steering valve , and a push pull steering cylinder . No priorit valve needed , I ran my hydraulic main into p port of steering valve and then came back out on t port off steering valve into p port of loader valve and then ofcourse out of t port of loader valve back to tank return line , with that hookup I can still steer , run my loader and 3 point all at the same time with no sacrafice of power or quickness , it works great , I think I had 400 in the whole thing including lines and fittings . Now the only place to mount ur steering valve is under the small dash , so there is a little bit of cutting and modifying of the dash panel , the steering wheel on mine is strait up instead of tilting toward u , but I have no issues with that at all , and it doesn't compromise comfort or looks . Good luck

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland
I have a l245dt , I just finished putting power steering on it , And let me just say it is awesome , cause it sucked before . Anyways I bought a steering assembly off of a old combine at Wilson farms in fredericktown , ohio . He shipped it to me , it came with steering valve , and a push pull steering cylinder . No priorit valve needed , I ran my hydraulic main into p port of steering valve and then came back out on t port off steering valve into p port of loader valve and then ofcourse out of t port of loader valve back to tank return line , with that hookup I can still steer , run my loader and 3 point all at the same time with no sacrafice of power or quickness , it works great , I think I had 400 in the whole thing including lines and fittings . Now the only place to mount ur steering valve is under the small dash , so there is a little bit of cutting and modifying of the dash panel , the steering wheel on mine is strait up instead of tilting toward u , but I have no issues with that at all , and it doesn't compromise comfort or looks . Good luck
Any photos that you may have would be appreciated.

Ron

E119744

Equipment
orange l245dt Kubota
Jun 2, 2012
Caldwell, Ohio United States
As far as photos , it really wouldn't show much , steering valve is under dash so u can't c any of that , the steering cylinder u can c , but it's just hard mounted at clutch pedal and the other side mounts to your tie rod end up on the front axle , nothing to it . If u wanna send me an email address or phone # I can shoot it over to ya , I forgot to say the combine was a old Massey ferguson , but I think any will work .