Power boost modifications

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I was reading some posts and started wondering if any Kubota owners have found any mods to enhance the power of their machines. Granted I would never alter the system until warranty is up but it is an interesting subject. On my F150 I put in a Edge EVO programmer where I can change all kinds of computer settings to reflect what I am doing: normal, power, towing, etc. Just curious if tractor owners are into this kind of thing. My B2650 seems to have plenty of power at this point so this is just knowledge for future play time.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Propane or NO2,, yeh I know over kill :D
Speed kills, lol.
Seems these would be hard on a diesel but you would sure get to the end of the driveway quick or be in that 6 foot snow drift before you know it and hope you come out the other end, LOL.

spacemanspiff

Equipment
M5-111
Dec 4, 2015
Lower ,AL
Unlike a car or truck, if you need or want more power, you would buy a bigger tractor. I needed more power, so I went from a L4630 to a M5-111. Now, I can break things eaiser.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I'm sure several users have removed their DPF systems by now :eek:
I am sure they have, the 2650 luckily has no DPF. There are quite a few blackmarket diesel mods for trucks, most take off the DPF. Just wondered if the tractor world thought about such things.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
My buddy programs many vehicles, he plugged into an L3901 for giggles. He can disable the DPF, but not in a manner that would prevent the motor from being stuck in a limp mode. He said theres some alien/proprietary coding that he wont try to play with.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I'll bet Kubota can tell when the computer has been accessed. Fine as long as there are no warranty issues.

Personally, I wouldn't mess with any of that on a brand new tractor ..
Totally agree, do nothing to void your warranty. I was just curious if any mods were common place for Kubotas like the diesel trucks. Had a neighbor that replaced exhaust systems and it seemed he did a lot of them and being ignorant of diesels I had not idea of what he was doing.

Loner16

Equipment
B-7800
I would probably buy a 3901 if not for the emission controls, which at this point in time, seem a bit more troublesome than my old B-7800... Then again, the 7800 has done everything I've asked of it and more.

But, more power, and weight is always useful.

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
My little BX will get a turbo once the warranty is up. It has plenty of power for the size... but sometimes when I'm mowing up a steep hill, in high range... the engine will load, and I will get a little black smoke. I figure the turbo will clean that up, and finish burning that extra fuel.

But I agree with the above, and delete the DPF. I think the EPA has gotten a little crazy with all this. Sure... I can see it on an "On Road" vehicle... but leave our "tools" alone.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
When you do,,,, make sure you post pictures and all the info you can onthe build and how much gain you got from it,, I know theres a lot of guys that would enjoy seeing and learning from the build.
I know it made a lot of difference on the Hayabusa and thats why I am now riding an old bagger :D

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
I would probably buy a 3901 if not for the emission controls, which at this point in time, seem a bit more troublesome than my old B-7800... Then again, the 7800 has done everything I've asked of it and more.

But, more power, and weight is always useful.
i have a L3901 no issues.