Power Beyond Port

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
Can anyone tell me where the power beyond port is on an L3240 with a LA514 loader?

Hook

Equipment
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
I did read the link you posted. The directions with the WR Long valve say that there is a steel tube that goes from the power beyond port on the loader valve to a port under the seat. The seat has to be removed to access it and the tubing has to be sawed in half in order to remove it. I hope they are right! I will look for the PB as you have suggested. Thanks for your reply. I hope others may confirm what the directions indicate.

Hook

Equipment
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
The directions were correct. It took me all day but I finally got the valve installed and it works. The power beyond port on my L3240 is not marked as far as I could see and there was no green paint on it. If it had been stamped with the initials PB I doubt I could have seen it. I called a local Kubota service technician and he was unable to answer my question regarding the location of the port. This was my first experience with hydraulics. The difficult part was routing the lines through the tight area on the underside of the tractor. As I said it was a chore. If anyone has to install a third function valve on an L3240 the power beyond port is located on the hydraulic pump on the underside of the tractor. The port has a piece of steel tubing running from it to a port under the seat. The seat has to be removed to get at it. It is the only steel tubing under the seat. The directions advised sawing the tubing in half in order to remove it or else the right side tire and fender would have to be removed. I didn't want to cut the line as I was not sure it was the correct line. Instead I disconnected it ran my plumbing and wired it in and tested it. As I said, it worked. Now all I have to do is cut the steel tubing, check everything for leaks, secure hoses and wiring with zip ties and I will be finished. The grapple will be here in about 3 weeks.

la724

Equipment
l3540 tractor, la724 FEL, brush hog, box blade, 2 thumb grapples
May 26, 2015
Punta Gorda florida
I have a l3540 and was able to remove the steel line without cutting it. it was tight but doable.

Hook

Equipment
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
I have a l3540 and was able to remove the steel line without cutting it. it was tight but doable.
I will try that. Did you take it out from above at the seat or out the underside of the tractor?

la724

Equipment
l3540 tractor, la724 FEL, brush hog, box blade, 2 thumb grapples
May 26, 2015
Punta Gorda florida
It has been a couple of years but I believe it went out the bottom. I did not like the idea of cutting it. I was surprised they suggested cutting it because it didn't take that long to get it out. It did require some prying though.