Power beyond port vs tank port

Mad Bubbler

Equipment
Kubota MX5100 HST
Mar 18, 2015
Ontario, Canada
OK - it appears you want to use the selector to switch the 3rd function valve between the grapple cylinders and the rear outlets. That is fine.

The lines going to the third function should be connected to the cylinder ports .
The lines labeled front hoses should be connected to the grapple cylinders.
The lines labeled back hoses shoudl be connected to the motor ports

Is that how you have it plumbed and are you 100% POSITIVE you have the third function work ports connected to the source ports on the selector valve?

If so you when the spool on the selector valve spool is moved to select the rear outlets you should; get flow out of one one rear hose when you press one of the joystick buttons and flow out of the other rear hose when you push the other button. When the spool is moved to the other position pressing one button should open the grapple and pressing the other should close it.

Edit: Just saw your sketch. If the valve does not operate as I described in the previous paragraph you have the ports on the selector valve mixed up.

Dan
I only get fluid out of one hose at a time.
Here is a photo of the selector valve and 3rd function valve.
The 2 hoses I am holding go to the grapple bucket. The 2 hoses in front of my boot go to the rear snow blower.
16443628492411671773771708953913.jpg

Mad Bubbler

Equipment
Kubota MX5100 HST
Mar 18, 2015
Ontario, Canada
I removed the switch valve entirely from the sequence and the fluid still only comes from one hose. I am starting to think my 3rd function kit is faulty.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I only get fluid out of one hose at a time.
Here is a photo of the selector valve and 3rd function valve.
The 2 hoses I am holding go to the grapple bucket. The 2 hoses in front of my boot go to the rear snow blower. View attachment 74683
I believe you have the hoses coming from the quick connects on the 3rd function valve going to the wrong set of ports on the selector valve. They need to go to one of the end sets but I can't tell you which end. Consult the documentation you got with the selector valve, One end is for the hoses coming from the directional control valve and the other end is for one of the cylinders. The other cylinder gos to ports on the top center of the valve.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I removed the switch valve entirely from the sequence and the fluid still only comes from one hose. I am starting to think my 3rd function kit is faulty.
I just looked at a data sheet for a Metro selector and it is ported as you have it plumbed. If you are only getting fluid out of one of the hoses coming from the 3rd function valve I would suspect one of the quick connects is not working. Reseat them and if that does not fix things remove them from the ends of the hose and recheck 3rd function operation.

Dan

Mad Bubbler

Equipment
Kubota MX5100 HST
Mar 18, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Eureka!

I have it figured out! Test the solenoids on the 3rd function kit. Only one was getting power. Traced it back to the wiring in the button on the handle. The yellow and green wires were crossed.

Fluid now flows from all hose in both directions. Now to test with a new bi-directional pump.

Thanks to all for your help!
Andrew

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Eureka!

I have it figured out! Test the solenoids on the 3rd function kit. Only one was getting power. Traced it back to the wiring in the button on the handle. The yellow and green wires were crossed.

Fluid now flows from all hose in both directions. Now to test with a new bi-directional pump.

Thanks to all for your help!
Andrew
Glad you found the problem.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user