power beyond on l2850 bf500 loader valve

Matt alberghini

Equipment
l2850
Dec 2, 2014
middlesex vt
Hi i am new to this forum and I was hoping for some insight on adding a grapple to my loader. I would like to use the loader valve to supply power to another valve to actuate a grapple cylinder on the bucket.
I am not sure if the factory valve has the power beyond port. The manual talks about high pressure carry over which i think is the same thing.
I could probably use a elctrically controlled diverter valve to split the bucket roll function between grapple and bucket roll but I am looking for advice.
Does anyone have experience with this? Any advice or pics of similar upgrades would be much appreciated.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Welcome to OTT!

High Pressure Carry Over is the same as Power Beyond.

Your valve should have 7 hoses if its equipped with Power Beyond, 4 to the loader (work ports), 1 from the pump (IN), 1 to tank/sump (OUT or T), and the final one to the tranny case that intern feeds the 3PH (BP/BYD) usually.

Diverter's are much simpler to install IMHO since everything stays with the loader and you retain the ability to feather the new function with the joystick rather that the ON/OFF operation of a electric/hydraulic 3rd function valve. I sell one, as does Brian from FitRite Hydraulics.

Post up some pics and we can help further...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Matt,
On your tractor there is a hydraulic block on the side of the frame, Out is high pressure, In Is PB or high pressure carry over and the plug or hose that faces the front is tank or return.

Attachments

Matt alberghini

Equipment
l2850
Dec 2, 2014
middlesex vt
Ok I am back on this project. I have the grapple built and ready to install. I have plumbing questions, if I want to use a manual valve to actuate a cylinder where do I tap into the hydraulic system? The loader valve I have has 7 lines going to it. The pump feeds the block as shown in the last post. 2 steel lines go to the back of the tractor one to the case and the other to the valve under the seat. I think one line feeds lift cylinder for 3pt and the other is return?

There are 3 hoses that go from the block to the loader valve. I would like to get in series with the loader valve also want to utilize the pressure relief.

I have seen an aluminum block from tractor supply that taps into the system somewhere on the rear of the tractor. Do i need to use that?

Where can i get a schematic of the power flow?

I know I have a lot of questions and appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
When you say manual valve, do you mean a spool valve?
If so remove the line that goes to the in on the block from the loader valve and hook that to the in on your new spool valve then hook a hose from the out of that spool valve to the in on the block.
And you not utilizing the pressure relief of the loader valve, it's using the tractors pressure relief valve.

Matt alberghini

Equipment
l2850
Dec 2, 2014
middlesex vt
What I had in mind was an open center control valve. Pull the lever and the cylinder moves, push the lever and it moves the other way.

Thanks for telling me how to hook this up!

I would like to understand this a little better so if you don't mind I have a few more questions.

The out port on the block is pressure to the loader valve. The tank port is fluid return from the loader valve. The in port is power beyond.

Does the power beyond port feed the 2 steel lines to the rear of the tractor with pressure? Is the fluid return on the steel lines right into the tractor case?

Why shouldn't I get in series with line from the out port to the loader?

Where is the pressure relief on the tractor?

Does the control screw open and close a passage between pump in and the steel lines going to the back 3pt area?

Thanks again you have been very helpful!

Matt alberghini

Equipment
l2850
Dec 2, 2014
middlesex vt
Hi again maybe I asked too many questions sorry.

I assume that when I buy a new spool valve it will new to have power beyond capability?
Would it need to be open centered as well?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The out port on the block is pressure to the loader valve. The tank port is fluid return from the loader valve. The in port is power beyond.

YES

Does the power beyond port feed the 2 steel lines to the rear of the tractor with pressure? Is the fluid return on the steel lines right into the tractor case?

PB feeds one line tank return is the other

Why shouldn't I get in series with line from the out port to the loader?

You can, it doesn't mater in line on in or inline on out

Where is the pressure relief on the tractor?

In the rear on the side of the differential, don't worry about that you don't need or want to change anything there.

Does the control screw open and close a passage between pump in and the steel lines going to the back 3pt area?

Yes, it will bypass the loader.

Thanks again you have been very helpful!
Sorry must have missed your other post.
All you need is a simple Open Center spool valve, no need or advantage to PB in this situation.
Like this one:
http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...L-12-GPM-WALVOIL-SD5-CONTROL-VALVE-9-8324.axd

Or if you want to make your setup really nice:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-SPOOL-25-...736?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f362e5120