Potential bx2380 buyer

Chas1977

Jun 12, 2018
Midland, MI
Hello all,

Looking at buying my first tractor. Looked at the 1025r but heard about parts availability issues. Was told kubota was the way to go. Really like the bx2380. Primary use would be for mowing about 4 acres and getting the fel for moving split wood. And possibly using a box scraper for my 2 track to my cabin. Wife would like a snow blower and I would like to not bury my truck trying to get into my cabin during the winter months. Am I on the right track here with looking at this model?

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Any potential use for a backhoe? Use it with a thumb to hold/haul chunks of logs? If so, start with the BX23S. If not, the 2380 will suit your needs just fine. Great machines that you will surely find more reasons to use.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the OTT forum Chas.

You came to the right place as we love to spend other people's money. :D

What size mower deck are you getting?

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
I really like my BX23S, which is basically the BX2380 with the backhoe. A lot of folks will tell you to always get a bigger machine, but what I have found is that I can do almost anything with the BX. Sometimes you have to be creative in your thinking to get things done. Use leverage and things like that, but you can get it done.

If you look at the Messicks Youtube channel, Neil has videos on the new BX and even talks about the new model of snowblower for the front. You may find that useful in your decision.

Chas1977

Jun 12, 2018
Midland, MI
No need for a backhoe.. going with the 54” deck so I can get around trees a little better.. thoughts? And thank you for the warm welcome!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hello all,

Looking at buying my first tractor. Looked at the 1025r but heard about parts availability issues. Was told kubota was the way to go. Really like the bx2380. Primary use would be for mowing about 4 acres and getting the fel for moving split wood. And possibly using a box scraper for my 2 track to my cabin. Wife would like a snow blower and I would like to not bury my truck trying to get into my cabin during the winter months. Am I on the right track here with looking at this model?
Be advised that the BX series does not have position control whereas some (not all) JD SCUTs do.

I'm sold on Kubota and own five but I would never buy a tractor without position control or a tractor with a suspended deck.

You may want to consider the B series. Most B series tractors (not all) have position control and some use terrain following decks.

SDT

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Welcome to OTT. I own the previous generation BX.. The BX2370 and before that the BX2200. I'm not knocking JD but from my experience you can't go wrong with the Kubota BX2380. I love mine! I don't know what SDT's issue is with the suspended mower deck is, but I've had zero problems with either of mine and it mows great.

Last edited:

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Definitely on the moweer. And position control is really only a problem if you're using devices that need consistent height on the 3ph. Box blade may be one of them, so think about that. But plenty of people using a box blade on a BX.

Consider the 60 inch deck. It hangs out further, so counter intuitively can be better for mowing around obstacles.

Chas1977

Jun 12, 2018
Midland, MI
One last question.. do any of you trailer yours? If so will a 6x12 work or will it be to short? I will look at the 60; but I think its to wide to get between a few trees. Also is 15700 out the door a bad price for loader, 54 deck and tractor?

Last edited:

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
It will fit on a 6x12. I have moved mine with a 6x12 single axle several times. If your going very far or fast an tandem axle with brakes would be safer. I don't know about the price/ it sounds like it's in the ballpark. Are there cheaper deals out there... Probably... But I prefer to buy local from a dealer I trust and is handy if you need warranty repairs.

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
One last question.. do any of you trailer yours? If so will a 6x12 work or will it be to short? I will look at the 60; but I think its to wide to get between a few trees. Also is 15700 out the door a bad price for loader, 54 deck and tractor?

That price is what I was quoted local dealer also , I priced BX1880 @ 13674.00 was told to add 2K for BX2380
I then made another trip back about the BX23S , they sold out of BX23S so my wife has no tractor payment.

channelcat25

Jul 2, 2018
US
Paid $17900 for a BX2380 60" drive over deck ( witch I'm glad I got ) LA344 QATATCH loader, dealer installed WR Long 3rd function, Land Pride grapple, loaded back tires..Love this thing, it works me to death if I let it. So glad I bought the kubota over the 1025r. Kubota still makes a analog machine. No computers on my tractor, is allways my motto. The kubota is well thought out, protect your Hydro fan and you'll be fine. Another reason I like the drive over deck is the undercarriage adds more protection when working in the woods. Also helps protect your tie rods. Enjoy your new BX and all the great things it will help you do around your property.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Not sure what your budget is, so I will spend some more of your money!

If you have lot's of time, and enjoy being on your tractor, mowing will be great. I would simply suggest if time is an issue for you, consider a zero turn for mowing, use the BX for everything else.

A 6x12 will be less than ideal, especially if you have an implement on the back. Single axle trailers are also less tow friendly. I would suggest looking at a 16-18' tandem flatbed. This would handle just about anything you care to tow, safely & efficiently.

And if you have really deep pockets, get a new F150 to tow it with! :D

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Wow... Check out the thread entitled " My B2601 broke in half! ".... You have to see this because this is what can happen when you trailer and new tractor.... I felt so sorry for this guy. This thread has chronicled pictures that every Kubota owner should see if he EVER trailers his tractor...

deathtoblackberries

Equipment
B2920
Mar 25, 2013
Battle Ground, WA
Definitely on the moweer. And position control is really only a problem if you're using devices that need consistent height on the 3ph. Box blade may be one of them, so think about that. But plenty of people using a box blade on a BX.

Consider the 60 inch deck. It hangs out further, so counter intuitively can be better for mowing around obstacles.
I had a 60 on my B2920, the problem is uneven cut on side slopes and bumps, tractor leans sideways and the wider 60 inch deck is more prone to this problem, low side cuts shorter, the high side cuts longer. I went with the 54 on m BX2380 which helps.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Hello all,

....Really like the bx2380. Primary use would be for mowing about 4 acres....
A BX2380 sounds like a good choice they're great at mowing. Only suggestions I might offer is get QA bucket and for over 2 acres to consider the 60" deck instead of a 54 even if it means it won't fit between a few trees. You can get those with your string trimmer or push mower. I had a 54" on my old B7500 and regretted not going with a 60. Plus decks that stick out more make it easier to trim around things.