Post your ROPS light mounting pics

OC455

Equipment
BX2350 LED ROP, FEL, Belly mower,modified snow blower, pole boom, middle plow
Sep 30, 2016
Rome NY USA
Just finished today dressing up my BX, wanted to get them on before the snow flies. The lower lights (just below the ROPS pivot point) on the front are aimed out where the blower will throw snow, and the rear are pointed at the 3 point. I put it away before the dark, but it sure lit up the shed.
I like the side lights! Nicely done sir.

OC455

Equipment
BX2350 LED ROP, FEL, Belly mower,modified snow blower, pole boom, middle plow
Sep 30, 2016
Rome NY USA
Mike and OC455 - I've run the tractor several times since posting the pictures at #44 and 45.

Your BX2350's have the same ROPS as my BX2360?

Thus far - no hitting my head. I'm 6'4" and 240 or so, if that helps.

At first, kinda pissed the brackets bent in when tightening, but think that may help ease sharp edges. I also rounded the corners on a grinder some.

The lowest part of the bracket could be cut off, but wanted to keep the extra holes for other lights, if needed!

Haven't used at night yet. We'll see, so to speak!:p
Mine I'm not worried about busting my noggin', more worried about my big fat head getting in the way of the light.

Burgie

Equipment
Kubota B2601HST w/ FEL, 50" reverse tiller & 54" box scraper
Nov 23, 2015
Falcon, Colorado
Good evening,

Well everyone has posted some great pics and shown their ideas, so thank you. Attached are some pics of my ROPS light setup. I will have a total of 6 lights; 2 18W LED forward lights and 2 18W LED rear lights on the ROPS and 2 18W LED lights, one on the sides under each floorboard. This is just the beginning and I will post more pics as I get more done on this installation...

Attachments

countrynerd

Equipment
BX25D, L3301
Jun 6, 2016
thumb, MI, USA
Very nice like the bracket idea. Flex tubing I would skip. I will be taking the bracket idea. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burgie

Equipment
Nov 23, 2015
Falcon, Colorado
Steal away my friend!! These forums are about information and idea exchange so we can all use, modify, maintain, enjoy and make our tractors look cool while being functional!!

Toohipsi

Equipment
Bx2360 Sold, B2650
Feb 3, 2014
Maryland
Finally got my light set up complete just in time for snow season. I mounted one light bar on the front, two seperate led lights on the rear and one flashing hazard light in the center rear. Its amazing how much better I can see at night.
-Matt

Last edited:

ao9488

Equipment
B2650, FEL, 60" MMM
Oct 27, 2016
Scheller, IL
I took what CFDWheeler had done and tried to emulate that. Didn't turn out as clean as what CFDWheeler did, but I'm happy with it. Used a 20 inch facing forward and a 12 inch facing back and connected them with an amazon special dual lead wiring harness. Mounted the lights on a piece of angle iron I bought at RK and coated them in spray on rubberized undercoating. Bolted the lights and angle iron onto the ROPS using U-Bolts with weather stripping material to protect the ROPS finish. One thing is for sure those cheapo lights at Amazon are BRIGHT.

Attachments

SkylineAcres16

Equipment
Kubota MX5800 HST, International B-275 Diesel
Sep 3, 2016
Virginia
Installed mine last night. Wife got me the Double, 2-light kit (4 total lights) off of RopsLights.com for Christmas. I couldn't find many reviews on the company or the kit but decided to give it a try. I couldn't be more happy with the kit. The guy that makes these definitely knows what he is doing! It was one of the best/easiest/most thought-out kits of anything I have ever used. Yes, they are expensive, but I didn't have time to cobble up all the parts and do it myself since I have too many projects going on right now (building livestock fence). Anyways, I have 2 LED lights facing forwards and 2 facing rearwards. The fronts work independently of the rears because they are on their own switch. Each lamp is 2565 lumens and can easily swivel any direction you want.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
Installed mine last night. Wife got me the Double, 2-light kit (4 total lights) off of RopsLights.com for Christmas. I couldn't find many reviews on the company or the kit but decided to give it a try. I couldn't be more happy with the kit. The guy that makes these definitely knows what he is doing! It was one of the best/easiest/most thought-out kits of anything I have ever used. Yes, they are expensive, but I didn't have time to cobble up all the parts and do it myself since I have too many projects going on right now (building livestock fence). Anyways, I have 2 LED lights facing forwards and 2 facing rearwards. The fronts work independently of the rears because they are on their own switch. Each lamp is 2565 lumens and can easily swivel any direction you want.
I like the way you have them mounted with the bracket on the outside and light facing in. Slightly further away from you head. Mine are mounted completely on the inside and I can blind myself until I've turned my head completely.

Mike
2014 Chrysler 300
1970 VW beetle
2006 Ford Freestyle
2008 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
2013 Passport 2920bh GT
BX2350
and a bunch of other crap

Chris B2920

Equipment
B2920
Jun 2, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
My installation is similar to others posted here. I made the mounting brackets out of some angle and flat bar that I already had. I wanted the lights mounted on the outside of the ROP and as high as possible. We mounted individual switches for the front and rear lights in the plastic panel to the right of the seat. I wasn't paying attention when I bought the switches and they are 120 volt so the led's are not currently working. I have found the same switches in 12volt and with orange led's so these will get changed out soon. Power was pulled from the factory work light circuit at the right rear taillight. All wiring connections are sealed with heat shrink. The lights are super bright and I am really happy with them.

Attachments

Burgie

Equipment
Nov 23, 2015
Falcon, Colorado
So I finished fabricating the enclosures that will protect the LED lights that will be mounted beneath the floor boards. Tomorrow night I'll be mounting them and then attaching the lights and running the wires to the switches...

More photos to follow!!!

Burgie

Attachments

kupitz

Equipment
BX2660 with LA243 FEL and Front mount BX2750 snowblower/2763A heated Curtis cab.
Mar 28, 2016
New Providence, PA
Not quite ROPS mounted but here's my cab mount LED light bar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk