Post hole digger for B7100

dobiedisco

Equipment
B7100 4wd (sold, seller's remorse), BX2200
Sep 7, 2015
Fort Smith, AR
I just bought a B7100. Does it have enough power to run a post hole digger? I had one for my MF135 and it would drill a well, if possible, haha, but the post hole digger was stolen along with several other items at my property. Contemplating buying another one, but don't want to harm the little tractor.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I just bought a B7100. Does it have enough power to run a post hole digger? I had one for my MF135 and it would drill a well, if possible, haha, but the post hole digger was stolen along with several other items at my property. Contemplating buying another one, but don't want to harm the little tractor.

Most new PHD's are protected by a shear bolt. On a tractor that small, i'd put the shear bolt in the drill press, and take a hacksaw blade to it, make 2 cuts, at locations that correspond to the place where the bolt would snap off, at the edges of the shaft. Most that I have seen use a 1/2" bolt, for 35 HP, so a 1/16 to 3/32" hacksaw cut should be sufficient to lower the HP, that the bolt snaps at...:D

DonDC

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB, B7001, FEL, Rototiller, Snow Plow
Oct 23, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
I run a Speeco Compact P45 Post Hole Digger with a 6 inch auger on a B7001 which is nearly identical to the B7100. It digs post holes to beat the band. The soil has some rocks up to softball size so sometimes I have to remove the largest rocks by hand or the auger stops digging, otherwise no problem. The tractor has plenty of power for this digger. I am attaching a PDF with info on the digger FYI. Hope this is helpful.

Attachments