Pop up ads

Pepsiboy

Equipment
BX2350D, FEL, MMM, Rear tiller
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Is there something wrong with OTT, or do I maybe have a virus on my computer ? ? Whenever I click on a link of click on a thread on this forum I get redirected to "CME.com" (without quotes). Am I doing something wrong, or do I have a problem ? ? This is VERY annoying, to say the least. :mad::confused:

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dave

Pepsiboy

Equipment
BX2350D, FEL, MMM, Rear tiller
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Is there something wrong with OTT, or do I maybe have a virus on my computer ? ? Whenever I click on a link of click on a thread on this forum I get redirected to "CME.com" (without quotes). Am I doing something wrong, or do I have a problem ? ? This is VERY annoying, to say the least. :mad::confused:

Dave
CORRECTION ! ! ! Redirect goes to "CME GROUP", not "CME.com", my mistake.

Dave

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes it's a problem ads as is one of the ford ads, I'm Trying to get this AD nixed from the line up because it's causing several of us issues.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

Dave
IF you are using IE .....then install google chrome - painless, and see if the problem persists. I have not seen an add on OTT in two years......ifn I use my tablet I will -

But NIW is correct - it is a scrip error that needs to be corrected on the servers end. However IE must have something to do with it too.

HickoryNut

Equipment
BX25DLB/PForks,Front Blade,3PH,and 3Pt STUFF, BXPanded UA, Piranha, BH Dolly,Rip
Apr 15, 2011
NE Georgia
Try clearing your history, cache and cookies. Make sure you save your login (or have it available) before you do. ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's a IE / AD hiccup, bear with us, working to get it axed! ;)

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
The past two days, where there is usually ads for seed or herbicide, I am getting ads for feminine hygiene products...in Spanish. Yes, I am dead serious.:confused:

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hello folks -

I've disabled all of the ads from one of our vendors until I am able to confirm the issue is resolved. Apologize for the less than ideal viewing experience these past couple of days!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I would have an issue once in a while. Wasn't a pop up add though. I had issues with the screen going wonky. But that ended up being an issue with my tablet's browser going hay wire. Haven't had one issue with the new tablet. Or any issue with desk top. Both are using Google Chrome.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Using Chrome, about half the time I try and log on to OTT I will get the CME ad, or Keen shoes. Very frustrating- I have tried a dozen times or more at a sitting to get on the site, only to get the ads. OTT is the only site where I deal with it. I love OTT, but I thought I'd never be able to get back on here...

Glad I'm not the only one dealing with it.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Really odd, the difference in connections between computers, operating systems, software and what ever else.

I've got a desktop about the same age as my L305, window 7 home edition. FF with Adblock Edge. I also use ESET NOD32 Antivirus paid version and have not had malware or virus problems.

Maybe I just paid the preacher too much!!!

I can not remember the last time I've seen an ad on OTT, and I click on it a few times a day usually.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Not quite. Today from around 7 I have had error 506 saying I was being blocked by the site. I am running Adblock on an android tablet. My version blocks ads if I am on wifi but not via Verizon cell signal. When I switched off wifi and therefore see the ads I could log in again. It is as if some clever programmer has found a way to defeat Adblock.

Ok back on wifi with no ads. Some strange interaction with Adblocker.

Last edited:

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
CME ad again, about 4 times this morning. I got on to the site, and was trying to click on the thread from Daren about the Kohler for sale. Everytime- white screen with CME ad in the middle. I could exit back out to the main page, but I couldn't pull up the thread.
Again, I belong to a dozen other forums, and only get the pop up ad here. I have malware protection, as well as virus. If it were my computer, wouldn't I encounter it elsewhere?
Yesterday, there were no hitches.

Humblebub

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX 2370 with MMW, FEL and snow blower
Just to add more complexity to the question as mentioned above using iOS 9 with either iPad or iPhone and Tapatalk I never see ads. I just tried iMac with Safari and no ads. I am not running any ad blockers. Running safari or chrome on iPad (not Tapatalk) I do not see ads. I don't have a Windows system to check. I am coming from a Canadian IP (Bell).

Is there any common software that Sheepfarmer and Hodge might be using?