Plow mount for bx2200

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US

This is what I come up with to mount a front blade to my bx2200. Got the lift done got to make the plow and push frame will post pics when I get it done.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Bobsfixit

Equipment
bx2350
Jun 13, 2015
Carmel NY
Looking Great may want to take a piece of angle across top of bracket to stabilize when plow is in up position
Bob

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
Yeah I need to put some clips on the top to hold it straight up. I will post more pics as I get it closer to done. I only get to work on it a little at a time. But I will finish it before the snow flies(I hope***128552;***128561;)

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US

Finally got one of my other projects finished. The chopper was just to heavy to drag where I needed it around my house. Now just back up to it and hook up and go.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Only one problem with the front blade. Hard to explain. When you finally mount the blade to the lift, the blade will be laying on the ground, level. As soon as you start to lift it up, it will be moveing in an arc. No big deal unless the blade is angled. Then one side will be lower than the other. Aggravateing.

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
True but I am hopeful it will pick up far enough to clear. Yes I did level the push tube and measured to the ground will be setting the pivot accordingly. Mainly going to be for snow removal going backwards for almost half mile is getting old.

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
Thanks!!! I hope to have it finished in a couple more weeks (I hope) I did get the plate for angling the blade finished.

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
No I really don't know what it's off of found it in the scrap bin at work had all wiring and swithches. Brought it home and it worked fine. Looked it up on the internet manufacturer says 2900 lbs lift capacity.

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US

I finally got all the big fan work done on my front blade done. I have to get some bolts the right size and install the springs for the trip then it will be time to paint everything. I am not ready for snow yet but can't wait to try it out hopefully better than going backwards.***128515;

Knott

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2015 BX2670-1, BX2755HD Snow Blower, Farmking 4' box Blade, BX 2760A Plow Blade
Jun 2, 2015
Manitoba
Very nice job.

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
Thank you the only thing that is not in the pictures is the wear edge for the blade. I used a piece of 3/8 by 3" flat bar for that and haven't drilled the holes to mount it. Will be painting it orange and black very soon. What is a good source for Kubota orange paint??

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
I finally got everything painted and started assembly. The time change has cut into my time after work to work on it will post some pictures when I get it finished.

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
Finally got it all finished and installed still no snow here to try it out yet.

Rodnok

Equipment
B7100hst, MMM, Box Scraper, FEL make unknown, adapted and resurrected from junk
Dec 28, 2015
chattanooga, tn
I have a similar plow mount that I used on a lawn tractor. I foresee a problem that may happen. On your pivot bracket that allows the plow to go up and down, I would highly suggest you make the piece that is the U shaped part that the 2 inch square tubing is welded to out of 2 inch square tube. Make it wide enough to weld some angle braces out as far as possible from that cross piece toward the swivel as you can go without interfering with the pivot. That bracket is going to take a lot of hard hits as you plow. Other than that your design should hold up well.

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
Thank you for the suggestions. This is a work on progress I am open to all suggestions. I am already going to redo the lift. If it survives this winter I will fix any problems next summer.