Piranna tooth bar

Bxmike

Equipment
Bx2670
Feb 11, 2017
ny
So I got my toothbars mounted to my 2670 Saturday. Pretty easy install. 70 degree day in upstate ny had to play a little . Nice thaw, soupy drive way... let's see what the tooth bar will do.
Well it did great scarred up the length of the drive way .... back blade a little. Yup this is fun. Hit a big patch of frozen rock, ripped a hole the size of a basketball .... oops. Putter around some more and it looks like a washboard.
About that time the wife drives up .. and gives me the what the heck are you doing look :eek: . I calmly tell her I will fix it. 2 hrs later I have almost better than when I started.
My driveway is only 200 feet long. Surfaced with limestone crush and run. I have found that it's only 4 to 5 inches thick. Looks like later in the spring I will have to add some.
Tooth bar is great ... bx with fel has enough power to get me in trouble ... boy have I got some learning to do lol.:D

JustJeff

Equipment
Kubota BX 2350
I used mine for the first time today as well. Just puttering around in the yard. We have some big "lumps" of dirt that were left from when I had a guy lay asphalt under my carport. He dug the dirt out for the asphalt and then just dumped the skidsteer buckets of dirt into the middle of my lawn. They've been there for about two years now, so they are had as hell. I couldn't budge them with just the bucket. I put the tooth bar on a couple of days ago and it dug into those piles of dirt no problem. I leveled a few of them out. Didn't do too much, because I really shouldn't have even been on the lawn today. Still too soft. It was fun playing and seeing what these tooth bars are capable of though. They work SO much better than just the cutting edge of the bucket.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
You guys will find that on a "good" gravel driveway - the back dragging will be very effective - because the toothbar's thickness on the bottom - it will knock the high spots down and the bucket if laid flat will make it look like freshly laid gravel.
Even the crown of a driveway can be knocked back via back dragging - using the PTB will get you into a mess if you get carried away when going forward BTDT!

AS for cutting soil or getting dirt from a pile - you will find it to be exceptional, especially if you wiggle the bucket and allow the TB to cut into the pile.

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 Kubota MX 5200 with 6 la1065 loader, sq172 Bush hog shredder, 6 ' Armstrong
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
where is the best pace to get 1.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Here is mine, used for first time digging Saturday.

Was transplanting grape vines that had large root systems. Took the bucket rotated so teeth were vertical touching ground and then worked joystick back and forth and watched it sink into ground. The weight of the tractor and slight movement of the bucket made quick work. The soil is a sandy loom with clay down about 3 feet.

Sure made planting the grape vines mighty easy.........

Here is a pic of the tooth bar.

Attachments

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Use my mine Sunday and Monday. The boys wanted to ride dirt bikes on the track so I used it to dig up some dirt to fill in the rain ruts and back dragged with it to loosen the hard packed dirt. Crazy how fast the top layer of dirt dried off yesterday just before dark I saw dust in a few places. Sure nice to get a few hours of seat time ( Kubota and dirt bikes ) in ohio in February.

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
I kind of like the contrast of the PTB gray against the orange bucket. I didn't figure it was much worth painting something that's going to be pushed in dirt, rock, and likely scraped on concrete.

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
I used mine last Saturday. Had a batch of fresh gravel dumped on the road to our hunting land. I was able to move the high spots with the bucket and smooth it out. For smoothing, I just dipped he bucket down, put it in float and backed up. It did a pretty good job of leveling.